Monday, January 20, 2014

My husband is a vegetarian who hates vegetables. Are there any good cookbooks or recipes? ?

healthy gourmet sandwich recipes
 on Gourmet Hamburger Recipes | The Best Cheeseburgers & Sandwiches with ...
healthy gourmet sandwich recipes image



Cook in ne


He will eat tofu and eggplant and such. Just not straight veggies. I'm dying for some variety besides pizza and ravioli. I can't seem to find recipes for "normal" foods. Most just seem gourmet and foreign. Help!


Answer
I find veggie much better chopped up instead of in their natural whole form. I have a chopper and I chop up my veggies and then steam and season them. Add pizza sauce, cheese, butter, soy sauce, or what ever he likes to the mix while they are still steaming. Healthy and Delicious at the same time. And you could possible take said chopped veggies and put them in a sub roll like I did for dinner tonight. I defrosted some broccoli and them chopped it up with my chopper. Then I put them in a large/medium size pan with a little bit of water (You can eye ball it easily depending on how much you are cooking). After the veggies get some momentum add his favorite seasonings. I added sea salt, pepper, various Italian seasonings, and hot pepper flakes. Then I started to add pizza sauce I had in the fridge. Stir it often and it shouldn't stick. Then take it and transfer it to bread. Sandwich rolls, sub rolls, or even dinner rolls are perfect. Hope that helps.

What CAN you buy from the grocery store when you're watching your weight?




Anna


Soo, I'm tired of eating the typical chicken strips and Dr. Pepper sort of meal. I really have no clue what to buy that isn't unhealthy. I'm just not sure what to buy or eat that'll actually have some nutritional value. I'm starting to drink water, but kind of actual food do I buy?
I would just like someone to LITERALLY tell me what to buy.



Answer
I avoid packaged products, except bread, pasta or rice.

You donât have to limit yourself to low calorie food, as long as you watch your portion sizes and use the right cooking method (slow cooker, pressure cooker, steamer, microwave, grill, rotisserieâ¦so you donât have to add extra fat). I eat filet mignon that I grillâ¦and I am always lighter on the scale the next morning (it has to do with the proteins in meat). You can also buy lean ground beef and make great homemade meatballs (20 minutes in the oven) which will be fulfilling and low calorie (use homemade bread crumbs), unlike the commercially made meatballs which are very high calorie and so tiny.

Iâm not sure what chicken strips are⦠a âstyle of batter-fried chicken without skin or bonesâ? I usually eat skinless chicken that I cook in my rotisserie (using a lot of herbs but no fat) or my slow cooker or my pressure cooker so I never have to add extra fat.

A lot of fishes (my favorite is salmon) are delicious cooked in a steamer with broccolis and carrots. You can eat some rice with that too.

I find that adding broccolis to a lot of meals (pasta, riceâ¦) really fills me up. Broccoli is the best vegetable, nutritionally wise.

You can basically eat any fruits or veggies that you like. Even an avocado, which has a lot of calories, is very good for you (has the good kind of fat). Bananas are great for an easy snack. Buy all the fruits that you like and that go together (and are in season, so theyâre sweet) and make a great fruit salad without adding sugar but using pureed raspberries as a sauce (do not put bananas in your fruit saladâ¦those turn ugly, still tasty, but ugly, after a few days). You can then eat that salad for several days, as a snack or desert.

You can also make great salads with lots of greens (lettuce, spinachâ¦), hardboiled egg whites, olives, ham and cheese (watch the portion sizes) with a vinaigrette (olive oil is good for you).

You might want to explore the wide world of other great saladsâ¦like pasta salads (penne, elbows. any small pasta, a great way to use leftoversâ¦) with artichoke, lemon, tomatoes and parsleyâ¦or a potato salad with tomatoes, anchovies, shallots, olive oil, mustard and chervil (my favorite one).
Any leftovers: pasta, chicken, salmon, veggies like broccolis can be used for salads.

You can also make sandwichesâ¦Those are basically salads with bread. You can make a huge sandwich with 3 slices of whole wheat bread, 2 kinds of cheeses and ham, an egg, some pickles, tomatoes, lettuceâ¦then you cut it in half diagonally and you get TWO meals right there, like one half for dinner and the other half for lunch tomorrow.

Homemade tuna sandwiches are better because you can control the amount of the mayonnaise and celery (very little mayo but a lot of celery) so theyâre healthier.

I think that anything homemade has much less calories than commercial food and is so much tastier too. Also when you learn how to cook and you get into gourmet cooking, itâs a lot of fun, juggling with the herbs and enjoying the smell of it all (the only downsize is the dishwashing!). You can go online and find great recipes and learn every day. I learned recently that kale was a great addition to my lentils/sausage soup (yes, you CAN have sausageâ¦just REALLY watch for portion size).

Also, having a yogurt a day is good (with probiotic bacteria) and makes a perfect snack or desert. Drink some milk too.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment