Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Is this a balanced diet?

healthy sandwich recipes for diabetics
 on Avocado Tea Sandwiches Recipe | Eating Well
healthy sandwich recipes for diabetics image



Power


I am a diabetic on pills but I just need a diet that any healthy person would eat with low sugar.
8am- low carb yogurt, banana, cherrios & cinomin in it.
10am a couple cups of popcorn or a 1/2 an apple with peanut butter
noon-salad bar kind of salad or a healthy soup with whole grain crackers & meditaraniun I can't believe it's not butter
or a tuna sandwich with some broccoli & dip
3pm same snack as the one at 10am but the opposite one than the one I picked earlier
5pm a proten such as fish or chicken, 1 whole grain peice of break with butter, veggie & a sweet or baked potato
8 pm a yogurt to keep my sugar steady through the night & I believe the calcium is relaxing & it keeps me from getting hungry
Thanks any ideas or suggestion or comments are welcome



Answer
No, most of the things you've listed are not good for diabetics because they quickly turn into sugar.
Yogurt, bananas, & cheerios all quickly turn to sugar (even if it says sugar free).
Crackers, even whole wheat are high in carbs, dips & baked potatoes are even worse, so is corn (yes popped as well).

The best diet I found that is both healthy & balanced is the South Beach Diet. They give you easy recipes to follow. You can pick up the book at the library or buy it for a reasonable price at Amazon.com
I had such good success with it that the last time I went to the doctor, he told me: "whatever you're doing, keep it up." It lowered not only my sugar count, but my cholesterol & triglycerides as well.

HELP! How do I go about reaching my goal weight?




(:


I weigh about 185 and I am 5'7". 16 years old. Female. I am buying an Elliptical this Friday. If I use it for 20 minutes in the morning, and 45 minutes at night, would I reach my goal of 160 by September? I am going to try to change my eating habits as well, but I am very bad at eating well. What do you think I should eat? BTW... Almost everyone in my immediate family is over-weight. My mom hates to eat healthy, and she is the one who goes grocery shopping. I practically have to beat her to buy healthy things. Lol, just kidding. But my Dad recently found out he is a diabetic, so I think it would be easier for me to get her to buy healthy things. Do you have any recipes for snacks or dinner that would work for diabetics, and for my weight loss goal? Thanks so much!


Answer
An elliptical is a great idea except people tend to do the same workouts everyday on them you should remember to always change up the time and resistance on it. if your having trouble with the diet try compound digestion it works by eating 6 small meals a day an apple here half a sandwich there try to stay away from high fat foods duh... it keeps your metabolism burning all day and helps to prevent hunger, ....... good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment