Wednesday, January 15, 2014

What are some really easy healthy foods(mainly dinners) I can cook for my parents and little brother?

healthy sandwich recipes dinner
 on Striped Ribbon Sandwiches Recipe | MyRecipes.com
healthy sandwich recipes dinner image



Destinee


I want my family and myself to start eating better and not just eating whatever, and I want to cook something that's healthy (but still good) for dinner, or any other time. I've looked at different recipes and some of them look really complicated and I'm not the best cook so I didn't want to start out with the hard stuff! If you have any recipes you know of that are easy and healthy I'd appreciate it because I want to start eating healthy and getting my family to eat healthy too! Thanks


Answer
roasted chicken is easy economical and healthy. roast 3 and use the leftovers for healthy sandwiches and salads for the following week.

What are some easy, but healthy dinner ideas for my husband and I?




hey.GiRL.h


My husband and I are newlyweds, trying to stay healthy. We both work full time jobs, so it's hard to plan ahead or make meals that take alot of prep and cook time.
So basically, I'm looking for quick & easy dinners that are healthy or low in calories/fat.
Please dont give me websites for recipes. I dont have time to browse them. Just shoot me some good recipes. Thanks =)!!
Come on people, I need more recipes!!!



Answer
Sesame Chicken
This recipe really satisfies my craving for Chinese food. I serve it over rice and steamed vegetables on the side. I usually double the sauce to make it especially decadent.
6 servings 21 min 5 min prep

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds

Cut chicken breast into 1 inch strips.
Heat a large non-stick skillet that has been sprayed with Pam, over medium-high heat.
Cook chicken strips for about 6 minutes until no longer pink.
Mix together honey, soy sauce, water, corn starch, ginger and red pepper flakes.
Whisk until no corn starch lumps appear.
Pour sauce mixture into skillet with chicken.
Cook until sauce thickens slightly.
You can add more water if sauce is too thick.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken starts to soak up the sauce.

Easy and Tasty Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches in the Crock Pot
This is almost too easy to be called a recipe, but I had to share it anyway. I came up with it one night when I wanted a nice meal but wasn't feeling too motivated. I love crock pot cooking!
4-6 servings ½ day 10 min prep

1-2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 (18 ounce) jar of your favorite barbecue sauce (I love K.C. Masterpiece!)
1 medium sweet onion, sliced
4-6 hamburger buns

Remove all visible fat from the chicken and toss it in the crock pot.
Place the onion slices on top of the chicken.
Pour the barbecue sauce over top.
You may not need the entire jar, just enough to cover the chicken.
Cook it on LOW for 8 hours or until the chicken is nice and tender.
Shred the chicken with a fork and knife; scoop the mixture onto the bottom buns and top it with the top buns.
Or, if you're like my dad, you might prefer leaving the breasts whole and eating it that way.
Voila!
An easy weeknight meal that doesn't heat up your kitchen in the summertime!
I love this with potato chips and a carrot and raisin salad.

Chicken Scaloppine With Lemon Sauce (Low Fat)
This is a wonderful lower-fat restaurant-quality dish that is easy to make, I have served this many times in the past at my dinner parties and always receive rave reviews, the chicken alone even by itself is very good, the capers are only optional if you are a lover of capers then add them in as it really adds to the flavour of this dish, I would strongly suggest to double the sauce I most always do and please be certain to use only dry breadcrumbs as fresh will not stick to the chicken as well --- this is very good!
4 servings 35 min 25 min prep

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (pounded to about 1/3-inch thickness)
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 eggs
1 cup dry breadcrumbs
1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning (or to taste)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
seasoning salt
olive oil (for frying)
2 tablespoons butter (optional)
1/4 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon capers (or to taste) (optional)
1/4 teaspoon salt (can use more to taste)
4-5 thin lemon slices
fresh parsley, chopped

In a small bowl, whisk together mustard and eggs; set aside.
Combine the dry bread crumbs, poultry seasoning, garlic powder and seasoning salt; spread on a piece of waxed paper.
Dip the breasts in egg/mustard mixture (shake off any excess egg).
Then coat well with the crumb mixture.
Heat the oil with 2 tablespoons butter(if using) in a frypan.
Saute the chicken for 5 minutes on each side, or until it is no longer pink inside. Remove and transfer to a plate to keep warm.
In the same pan add in the broth, lemon juice, capers (if using) and 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste) bring to a boil, scraping brown bits from the pan.
Add in lemon slices and parsley; mix to combine for about 1 minute.
Spoon the glaze/sauce over chicken.
Delicious!

Black Bean and Tortilla Bake
6 servings 35 min 5 min prep

1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin powder
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (16 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
salt and pepper
12 soft corn tortillas
8 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded, reserve 2 tablespoons (I used fat free)

Preheat oven to 350* F.
Spray a large skillet with cooking spray.
Add garlic, onions, tomato, green onion, cumin, and chili powder.
Cook on medium heat until onion is tender.
Add tomato sauce and cook 5 minutes more.
Stir in beans, cilantro, salt and pepper.
Spray a 9 inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
Layer 4 tortillas, 1/3 cheese, and 1/3 of the bean mixture; repeat 2 more times.
Top with reserved 2 tablespoons of cheese.
Bake 20 minutes, covered, then 10 minutes uncovered or until bubbly.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment