Saturday, January 18, 2014

Any tips to start eating healthy?

healthy sandwich recipes uk
 on and sandwich lunch? Or perhaps you want to try some weekend recipes ...
healthy sandwich recipes uk image



*-*


What are some healthy recipes and foods I should be buying/trying? Whats your favorite healthy meal for breakfast lunch and dinner? Also can I still eat beef and chicken?


Answer
The general tips for eating healthily are:

- Choose wholegrain pasta and bread, and brown rice instead of the white variety. They're higher in fibre and will help your digestion. They can also make you feel full/satisfied for longer.
- Eat lots of fruit and vegetables. They're full of vitamins and fibre and pretty nutrient dense.
- Choose low fat milk, cheeses and yogurts. Dairy products are important for calcium. If you're lactose-intolerant, find calcium-enriched types of soy/oat/rice-milk or other calcium-enriched foods. Dairy products, especially yogurt, can help our digestive systems. They're also high in protein, which is needed for our body's growth and repair.
- Fish and lean meat/poultry are better choices than more fatty-types such as lamb and ham. If the meat you're eating has visible fat, cut it off and avoid eating it.
- Eat more unsaturated types of fat, cut down on saturated fat and eliminate trans fat from your diet. The unsaturated fats, found in foods like nuts, seeds, avocados plant oils and oily fish are good for your heart and brain.
- Cut down on salt. Too much salt can cause problems with blood pressure.
- Use cooking methods such as baking, boiling, grilling and steaming over frying and deep-frying.

Here are a few sites with 'healthy recipes':
http://www.whfoods.com/recipestoc.php
http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/Healthy-eating
http://uktv.co.uk/food/homepage/sid/6037
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/content/recipes/healthy/

For breakfast, I quite like having fruit dipped in fat-free yogurt along with some soy milk and a high-fibre cereal bar (the alpen light ones). Sometimes, when it's cold, I enjoy having some wholemeal toast with olive oil spread, egg whites and tomato.
For lunch, I love the layered salads - especially the prawn and tuna ones - that supermarkets like M&S and Sainsbury's do. I also love trying some of their sandwiches - especially salmon or tuna ones. I usually also have some fruit and low-fat cheese or a yogurt with it.
For dinner, I like having the layered salads. I also love chicken lasagne with some cut vegetables (e.g. tomato, cucumber, pepper). Seafood dishes taste great too. I love it when my mom makes steamed sea bass with chilli and vegetables and boiled potatoes with a little drizzle of olive oil. She grows her own spring onions and chilli, and make everything taste amazing. <3

Chicken and beef are actually quite healthy sources of protein. Just remember to choose lean cuts of beef. Chicken breast is usually the lowest in fat, sometimes leg is ok too, just avoid the skin and usually the thighs.

How can I lose weight faster?




T


I weigh over 240 and I wanted to know, how could I loose at least 90 before the end of next year. Any tips on how I can get very fit before my prom. Special diets. At home exercises, etc.


Answer
I did this and lost 40 lbs in just under 3 months:
Breakfast: Choose one

Fiber One Cereal: There are like 8 different choices on flavors, caramel, fruit, honey, raisen bran, original, ect. All very healthy for you and a great way to start off the day with minimal sugar and a boost of fiber. (1 full cup of cereal + milk is more than I can eat and it's less than 200 calories)

Thomas Whole Grain English Muffins: If you're in the mood for some warm bread, pop one into the toaster and spread some organic peanut butter, No sugar added jam, or I can't believe it's not butter for a warm and delicious breakfast pastry (Note: buy peanut butters in which the oil is at the top and you have to mix it in; avoid brands like Skippy or Jif.) (Each english muffin is 100 calories but be careful of toppings, they add up quickly)

Egg Beater/Egg Whites: You can buy cartons of egg beaters or egg whites in the store. they are delicious, you will not be able to tell the difference between them and regular eggs. Except for the fact that EB/EW cook faster and more easily than regular eggs with no beating the eggs or shells to clean up. Make an ommlete or scrambled eggs and throw in some chopped peppers, spinach, turkey bacon, or skim cheese.

For luches and dinners I recommend Clean Eating. It's a delicious way to Eat without lots of sodium, or artificial chemicals. I have lost 40lbs eating clean. And in over a year of cooking there meals, not ONCE have I been disappointed with the flavor of their recipies!

http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/Recipes.asâ¦

My fave's
Fish and Chips (because I'm from the UK, I grew up loving Fish and Chips and these are so delicious and when I eat them I feel like I'm back at The Laughing Halibut in London) http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/Recipes/Reâ¦
($1.79 for all materials, They come in at just under 300 calories)

Goat Cheese & Kalamata Paninis: These are so amazing I want one right now. The PERFECT lunch. One very filling sandwich is 300 calories
http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/Recipes/Reâ¦

Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread: I love making this, it's actually fun to cook and tastes so amazing!
http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/Recipes/Reâ¦
Makes a large loaf with 12 slices at 180 calories a slice.

Blueberry Strudel: Very reminiscent of a small sidewalk bakery I grew up by. This is without a doubt my favorite dessert. serves the recipe makes more than enough for 4 at 200 calories each.
http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/Recipes/Reâ¦

But, if you were to follow my advice, eating one of my breakfast options at about 300 calories, a clean lunch at about 300 calories, a dinner at about 300-400 calories, and a dessert at about 150, you ate 3 HUGE meals and a decadent dessert at a grand total of 1050-1150 calories a day.

The average male burns about 2400 calories in one day without working out (females is anywhere from 1600-2200 depending on many, many things; you guys are just.... complex =P, also keep in mind this is an average. If you are 6' 8'' 300 lbs you would burn more than average, If you were 4'8'' 100lbs, you would burn less.) A Pound is equal to 3500 calories. therefore without working out, you will lose a pound every 3 days. stick to the diet for a month and you are at 10 lbs, do it this fall: 30lbs. I dropped 40 lbs in 3 months (although I did run once or twice a week but nothing too intense, but that was negated by the fact that I cheated on days I ran by going to my local bakery and ordering all sorts of sweets for breakfast!)

Good luck with your weight loss




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment