Thursday, September 12, 2013

What would be a great and healthy snack to make from scratch?

healthy gourmet sandwich recipes
 on Grilled Caprese Sandwiches Recipe | MyRecipes.com
healthy gourmet sandwich recipes image



drive325mp


Just tired of wasting money buying junk food and would like some very interesting recipes so I can start by saving lots of money. By making great and healthy snacks from scratch.


Answer
You could make some granola. Look online for many different recipes and pick out what you like. I like sites like Gourmet, Bon Appetit, and Epicurious.

Pinwheel sandwiches are good. Spread flour tortillas with a mixture of cream cheese plus finely diced veggies like bell peppers, squash, cucumbers, a little fresh herb like thyme or parsley, salt and pepper. Don't quite go to the edges when you spread it. Then roll it up, wrap in plastic wrap for an hour or more to keep the shape. Unwrap from the plastic and cut into slices.

You could mix the cream cheese with salsa and then wrap it for another version.

Tuna or chicken salad on endive or romaine leaves.

Enjoy.

My husband is a vegetarian who hates vegetables. Are there any good cookbooks or recipes? ?




Cook in ne


He will eat tofu and eggplant and such. Just not straight veggies. I'm dying for some variety besides pizza and ravioli. I can't seem to find recipes for "normal" foods. Most just seem gourmet and foreign. Help!


Answer
I find veggie much better chopped up instead of in their natural whole form. I have a chopper and I chop up my veggies and then steam and season them. Add pizza sauce, cheese, butter, soy sauce, or what ever he likes to the mix while they are still steaming. Healthy and Delicious at the same time. And you could possible take said chopped veggies and put them in a sub roll like I did for dinner tonight. I defrosted some broccoli and them chopped it up with my chopper. Then I put them in a large/medium size pan with a little bit of water (You can eye ball it easily depending on how much you are cooking). After the veggies get some momentum add his favorite seasonings. I added sea salt, pepper, various Italian seasonings, and hot pepper flakes. Then I started to add pizza sauce I had in the fridge. Stir it often and it shouldn't stick. Then take it and transfer it to bread. Sandwich rolls, sub rolls, or even dinner rolls are perfect. Hope that helps.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment