Friday, September 13, 2013

What to make for a meal for my 2 year olds bday party?

healthy chicken salad sandwich recipe grapes
 on Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipes
healthy chicken salad sandwich recipe grapes image



momofone


I would like to make lunch-appetizer deal and need some ideas. There will be lots of young kids there ranging from baby to age 12 but I don't just want to please the kids I want everyone to be happy and full! Should I make some salad sandwiches and soup and then add some kid friendly appetizers? Recipes would be great!!


Answer
Yeah, I`d do appetizers for the kids and the meal geared towards the adults. At that age kids will more interested in playing rather than eating. So, little bites is good.

Kids like hotdogs. And, hotdogs cut in half wrapped in crescent rolls is an easy one to do. If you want, you could even make a slice in the top and add a bit of american cheese. But, not all kids like cheese in their dogs.

Macaroni and cheese is another crowd pleaser for kids.
http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/three-cheese-mini-macs
Or, use your own recipe or even stouffers and put some parm in the bottom of a muffin pan and bake to make the *cups*

And, pot stickers (we buy ours at SAMS). Both my kids really like chopped meats (pepporoni, salami, ham, turkey, and baloney, with cheeses all kids of cheese). You can use toothpicks to pick them up which all kids love. Those are easy no recipes required.

Alexia brand has sweet potato fries that are to die for. Just bake in the oven as directed on the package. Serve with motts applesauce spiked with cinnamin. I heat the applesauce to get it to reduce a bit - thicker. The babies can even eat this. And, the moms will be impressed that it is healthy. Just keep some bananas handy, those are easy for the babies to eat as well.

My kids like vegetable pizza, and I am happy to get them to eat veggies :)

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Vegetable-Pizza-I/Detail.aspx

I LOVE this pasta salad!! I swear it is the best ever. I get so many compliments and I have used all kinds of meats/cheese you can really play around with it. I have been craving this since I was pregnant...

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/American-Italian-Pasta-Salad/Detail.aspx

I didn`t have the pasta it called for and used fetticune instead and it was to die for. My youngest ate this up, he was 15 months at the time. I did double the dressing recipe and added the extra when serving. The pasta really does eat up the dressing. So creamy!!

I also enjoy broccoli salad. Just take a couple bunches of broccoli and use only the flower part. Chop to nice small bite size pieces. At this time, fry up about 1/2 pound of bacon. I do this on a foil lined baking sheet until crispy. Dice 1/2 of a red onion (less if its strong). Mix broccoli with the bacon (crumbled) and onion. Add 1 to 2 cups of cheese and top with this dressing.

1 cup of MAYO (do not sub with real mayo!!)
1 cup of sugar
some bacon drippings (omit for fat if you want, more compliments if you add)

Kids will like that one as well.

I think chicken salad is a great party food. I just cook the chicken in some water and root veggies and add some peppercorns and salt.

For the salad, I use 1 c mayo to 1 cup sour cream. Add some halved grapes and wala. You can add as you need to serve your guests. I love serving with fresh crescants. (My mom subs the grapes for mandarin oranges)

You could also make an Italian sub under the broiler. Just use the turkey, ham, salami and pepporoni top with provolone and Italian dressing. Wrap in foil and put in the oven at 425 or so (some will do in the broiler, but I always burn bread!)

What are some 250 calorie or less dinners?




naturegirl


I'm on a calorie-restrictive diet and need some advice for a healthy, tasteful meal option in the range of 250 calories. I'd like to implement some lean protein if possible, and definitely veggies, but nothing too exotic (I want to keep it to what I've already got in the fridge or pantry). Any suggestions?


Answer
celery, carrots and an apple with nothing to dip in, and soy milk.


Now, if you said 300 calories, I could get a little more creative.

* Lean Cuisine Herb Roasted Chicken, and 1 cup of 1 percent milk


* Fantastic Foods Spicy Jamaican Rice and Beans, and 1 steamed broccoli stalk

* Boca Burger (Vegan original) on a bun with 2 pieces looseleaf lettuce, 1 slice tomato, and 2 Teaspoons ketchup, and 1 c steamed spinach with 2 Teaspoons reduced-calorie margarine

* 3 oz salmon fillet and small oat bran dinner roll



* 6 large shrimp with 2 Tablespoons cocktail sauce, 2 cups of salad with 2 Tablespoons Italian dressing, and iced tea with 1 sugar cube

Here are examples of 300-calorie lunches…

* One 6½" whole wheat pita, 4 Tablespoons red pepper hummus, ½ c broccoli sprouts, ½ cup cucumber slices, 2 pieces looseleaf lettuce, and ½ cup cranapple juice

* 1 cup Nile Spice Sweet Corn Chowder, 1 cup fat-free milk, and 1 large apple

* 1 Tablespoon peanut butter and 1 Tablespoon grape jelly on whole wheat bread (2 slices

* 1 cup Boston Market chicken chili, and 1 cup Boston Market broccoli with red peppers

* 3 ounces of tuna and 37 almonds

* Subway Veggie Delight 6" sub, and 1 can diet soda

* Burger King: Four Chicken Tenders and a small order of onion rings.

* Wendy's: Grilled Chicken Sandwich

* Subway: Any Under 6" sandwich. Warning: with no mayo, oil or cheese

* Dairy Queen: Grilled chicken sandwich or DQ Homestyle cheeseburger

* KFC: Tender Roast Sandwich without sauce. Two Original Recipe fried drumsticks or two wings.

* Arby's: Light Grilled Chicken sandwich.

* Boston Market: Quarter-pound skinless white-meat chicken (170 calories) with butternut squash (150 calories).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment