Friday, September 6, 2013

What are some good Dinner ideas for very Hot Weather?

healthy sandwich toaster recipes
 on Sandwich Recipe, Video Recipes,Indian Kerala Kannada Karnataka Recipes ...
healthy sandwich toaster recipes image



Genevieve


Just for my partner and I. I don't really feel like cooking too extensively because of the weather, I live in Phoenix, but we are healthy and like to make meals at home. What are your best dinner ideas for very hot weather?


Answer
I found that having a toaster oven and 2-burner hot plate on the back porch allows you to fix whatever you want without heating up the house. I did the salad and sandwich thing during the hot days but all that got old so I would make meat loaf and a baked potato in the toaster oven and have something other than salads and sandwiches to eat. I use the two-burner stove to make stir-fry meals.

If you are not interested in either of those suggestions, then you can prepare your dinner early in the morning when it is cool - making fried chicken, potato salad, deviled eggs, baked beans, etc. Refrigerate it all and haul it out for dinner. Or you can prepare the meal and zap it to reheat when you are ready to eat.

Here is a nice salad recipe if you are after salad recipes:

CHICKEN SALAD

Bed of salad greens in a large bowl for each person
1/2 chopped apple per bowl
1 handful of cranraisins
Shredded cooked chicken
Toasted pine nuts
Toasted sunflower seeds
Toasted walnuts
Feta Cheese

Serve with Raspberry Vinaigrette. I first had that salad at a restaurant in Bothell, Washington and they charged $12 for the salad for lunch.

Hope that helps.

What are some simple, healthy breakfast ideas?




Julia


I have to leave early to school every morning, and all I pretty much eat is a bowl of cereal, and I get hungry fast, before 4th period. I want some recipes, that are fast, and yummy. And making pancakes takes me FOREVER, by the way, so nothing like that. And, I'm not really a fan of frozen breakfasts like toaster strudels. I want healthy meals, too, that aren't too fattening. Thanks so much!


Answer
Got a crockpot? Make OLD FASHIONED or steel cut (Irish) oatmeal in a crockpot while you sleep, You can add some things to pep it up-like honey, raisins, chopped dates, walnuts, pecans, dried cranberries, cinnamon, nutmeg, canned pumpkin (yep, it's good!), sliced apples, brown sugar. I make enough to last 3-4 days and store the rest in the refrigerator then zap in the microwave in the morning. Quick, easy, VERY healthy, and good for the waistline, too. If you like cheese grits, you can make those in the crockpot, too.

Another healthy option is to make a breakfast sandwich with a good quality whole grain bread--like Ezekiel--with peanut butter, honey, and sliced bananas.

You can also cook some turkey burgers the night before (freeze or refrigerate the extras), zap in the microwave to warm in the morning, and put a patty on Ezekiel bread toast along with your favorite condiment and eat like a breakfast sandwich as well.

Plain unflavored yogurt mixed with some frozen fruit, chopped walnuts, and a drizzle of honey also is a great way to start the day!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment