Saturday, February 8, 2014

is this weird meal healthy or not?




Ann Kr


2 slightly toasted whole wheat bread with white cheese and 3/4 cup of cherries (the cherries are chopped up inside of the sandwich and the cheese is slightly melted).


Answer
Sounds OK. You need some more veggies, maybe a salad on the side.

See this recipe:
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/TALEGGIO-CHERRY-MOSTARDA-AND-ARUGULA-GRILLED-CHEESE-50031986 (with arugula)

and this one:
http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/cherry-cheese-panini-recipe.htm

Healthy, easy eating for a non-cooker?




scareddd


Alright, so I don't work out or eat well. Thank goodness I've never had a weight issue, but I know as I'm getting older, I need to start taking this seriously. Any suggestions on easy snacks & meals for someone who doesn't cook at all & who wants to shed a few pounds / maintain current weight?

My daily routine, pretty sad, is usually:
Breakfast: Raisin Bran & fresh fruit or yogurt, granola & fruit or I'll make a quick smoothie using frozen fruit & OJ

Lunch: a sandwich or a salad

Dinner: A gourmet menu of either spaghetti & sauce, sometimes chicken & a salad, or another sandwich.

Drinks: water, milk, orange juice

I'm not a picky eater, but I am afraid of cooking & intense recipes with a lot of ingredients. I don't get bored quickly with food either..

Any advice?
Let me emphasize my lack of knowledge, cookware, & willingness to experiment... There are middle schoolers who can cook better than I can.



Answer
I'm assuming that you have either two pans or a George Foreman type grill. I recommend this recipe because panini's are delicious and because its almost too easy. It uses precooked chicken breast strips. It's quick and easy! enjoy


INGREDIENTS
- 1 (11 ounce) package Tyson Grilled and Ready Fully Cooked Grilled Chicken Breast Strips
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce, prepared
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil

INSTRUCTIONS
Spread one tablespoon of pesto onto one side of each bread slice. Divide chicken strips among 4 slices of bread. Place a slice of cheese on top of chicken. Top with remaining bread slices, pesto side down.

Brush the outer sides of each sandwich with olive oil.

Heat large skillet or griddle over medium. Grill sandwiches until browned on one side; turn and grill until brown on other side.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment