Monday, November 4, 2013

What are some healthy foods I can make for school lunches?

healthy sandwich recipes ideas
 on ... Sandwich Recipe: How to Make Egg Salad: Recipes for Egg Salad Sandwich
healthy sandwich recipes ideas image



Jess


I'm sick of buying crap canteen food.
I want proper meals with healthy foods that are good for me.
No more prepacked this and that, I want to be healthy and organic.

Recipes, ideas, anything? Thanks.



Answer
Some ideas for you:
Turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread with salsa, apple
Lean ham sandwich on rye bread with mustard, lettuce, and tomato; grapes
Tomato salad with chick peas, olives and lite Italian dressing; thin wheat crackers

What are some ideas for vegetarian food that tastes good?




Whitney O


I hate eating animals but I need meat, and vegetarian stuff doesn't really seem to satisfy me or taste that great. Does anybody have any recipes/ideas that taste good and also satisfy my protein needs?


Answer
I went vegan 2 years ago and it has been the best thing I could have done for myself and my family. I lost almost 40 lbs and look and feel so much better. I have taken lots of cooking and nutrition classes and read a massive amount on veganism and cooking healthy vegan food. I started my own website to help lots of friends and family eat this way as well and it is helping lots of other people get ideas too.

I have a meat eating husband and 18 year old son who I have to please too so most of my recipes are good for both types of eaters. There are some simple dishes with familiar ingredients and then a few with new things to try. Here is a link for a great breakfast that everyone loves for Oatmeal Waffles http://www.theveggiegal.com/blog/?p=1007
Here is one for a Super Sourdough Sandwich for lunch http://www.theveggiegal.com/blog/?p=603
Then for dinner here is a good dinner of Chili Mac http://www.theveggiegal.com/blog/?p=1218
Lastly for dessert here are some vegan blueberry muffins http://www.theveggiegal.com/blog/?p=1296

Some dairy things are hard to replace but there are some dishes you just don't need dairy for. There is a great vegan cheese that in my opinion is the best. It is called Daiya and it is even soy and gluten free too if that is an issue. I just made a vegan pizza with it tonight and YUM.

Good luck to you and I hope you find what you are looking for, it is a road worth traveling on!

Kim




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment