Friday, May 10, 2013

Is this a healthy sandwich snack?

Q. i use "whole graine" bread.very little light mayo with mustard.I add lettuce,tomatoes,cucumbers,onion,and turkey 98% fat free.
Also what is a good healthy homemade dip
salad dressing i mean!

A. That's pretty healthy and sounds yummy. For homemade salad dressing or dip, you can mix caesar dressing and plain nonfat yogurt together -- about 2 parts dressing to 1 part yogurt. It makes the caesar flavor less intense, and cuts the fat a lot. You can substitute plain nonfat yogurt for part or all of the sour cream in most dressing/dip recipes, too, with good results. When my mom makes onion dip for parties, she uses 1 c low-fat sour cream, 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt, and a packet of Lipton onion soup mix. It's darn good!


What to make for a meal for my 2 year olds bday party?
Q. I would like to make lunch-appetizer deal and need some ideas. There will be lots of young kids there ranging from baby to age 12 but I don't just want to please the kids I want everyone to be happy and full! Should I make some salad sandwiches and soup and then add some kid friendly appetizers? Recipes would be great!!

A. Yeah, I`d do appetizers for the kids and the meal geared towards the adults. At that age kids will more interested in playing rather than eating. So, little bites is good.

Kids like hotdogs. And, hotdogs cut in half wrapped in crescent rolls is an easy one to do. If you want, you could even make a slice in the top and add a bit of american cheese. But, not all kids like cheese in their dogs.

Macaroni and cheese is another crowd pleaser for kids.
http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/three-cheese-mini-macs
Or, use your own recipe or even stouffers and put some parm in the bottom of a muffin pan and bake to make the *cups*

And, pot stickers (we buy ours at SAMS). Both my kids really like chopped meats (pepporoni, salami, ham, turkey, and baloney, with cheeses all kids of cheese). You can use toothpicks to pick them up which all kids love. Those are easy no recipes required.

Alexia brand has sweet potato fries that are to die for. Just bake in the oven as directed on the package. Serve with motts applesauce spiked with cinnamin. I heat the applesauce to get it to reduce a bit - thicker. The babies can even eat this. And, the moms will be impressed that it is healthy. Just keep some bananas handy, those are easy for the babies to eat as well.

My kids like vegetable pizza, and I am happy to get them to eat veggies :)

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Vegetable-Pizza-I/Detail.aspx

I LOVE this pasta salad!! I swear it is the best ever. I get so many compliments and I have used all kinds of meats/cheese you can really play around with it. I have been craving this since I was pregnant...

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/American-Italian-Pasta-Salad/Detail.aspx

I didn`t have the pasta it called for and used fetticune instead and it was to die for. My youngest ate this up, he was 15 months at the time. I did double the dressing recipe and added the extra when serving. The pasta really does eat up the dressing. So creamy!!

I also enjoy broccoli salad. Just take a couple bunches of broccoli and use only the flower part. Chop to nice small bite size pieces. At this time, fry up about 1/2 pound of bacon. I do this on a foil lined baking sheet until crispy. Dice 1/2 of a red onion (less if its strong). Mix broccoli with the bacon (crumbled) and onion. Add 1 to 2 cups of cheese and top with this dressing.

1 cup of MAYO (do not sub with real mayo!!)
1 cup of sugar
some bacon drippings (omit for fat if you want, more compliments if you add)

Kids will like that one as well.

I think chicken salad is a great party food. I just cook the chicken in some water and root veggies and add some peppercorns and salt.

For the salad, I use 1 c mayo to 1 cup sour cream. Add some halved grapes and wala. You can add as you need to serve your guests. I love serving with fresh crescants. (My mom subs the grapes for mandarin oranges)

You could also make an Italian sub under the broiler. Just use the turkey, ham, salami and pepporoni top with provolone and Italian dressing. Wrap in foil and put in the oven at 425 or so (some will do in the broiler, but I always burn bread!)


who has recipe ideas for me and my friends to make?
Q. I'm pretty good at coking and me and my friends have decided to through a cooking sleepover party...... fun, healthy, something for dinner... it doesn't really matter what kind of recipe


thanks xoxoxox
all the answers so far have been wonderful...,. sorry if i dont pic one for best answer because they are all that good


tank u all so much.

A. Make yummy sandwhiche's

CUBAN SANDWICH

Traditional Ingredients:

3 slices (almost shaved) of boiled ham
3 slices of turkey (optional)
3 slices roast pork hot or cold
3 slices of salami
3 slices of Swiss cheese
3 or 4 slices of pickles
1/3 cut Cuban bread hard crust

Optional Ingredients:

3 slices of tomato
4 slices of green bell pepper
3 slices onion
1/3 cut French or Cuban bread
1 leaf Romaine lettuce
mayonnaise, mustard to taste

It is important that the sandwich be prepared on Cuban bread, French or Italian bread - any artisan style bread with a hard crust.

All cold cuts should be sliced very thinly; almost shaved. Slice the bread in an open faced fashion and spread lightly with mustard first, then with mayonnaise. Remember this is not entirely traditional, but still good.

Add the ham (roast pork), turkey and salami. Next add a layer of tomato, pepper, onion and lettuce. Top the sandwich and press.

Press the sandwich on a hot skillet with a weight on top. A suitable weight would be a heavy (clean) cast iron skillet that has been heated until sizzling.

Or better yet, use a sandwich press or panini grill if one is available.

Cuban Sandwiches and their variations are sold in almost every Deli or Restaurant in Tampa, Florida.

Cuban sandwiches are good cold and for picnics or take-alongs, too.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment