Thursday, June 19, 2014

What are some quick and easy whole wheat sandwich recipes?




saacommand


I'm trying to lose weight and I recently found out that whole wheat is better then the normal tasty bread for you.

What are some ways I can make whole wheat bread taste better? What kind of recipes do you got?



Answer
Whole wheat is great and actually adds flavor too!! Use it for whatever sandwiches you enjoy!

If you like peanut butter and jelly (and really who doesn't?) you can make it so much healthier. You can actually make it into a complete healthy meal, rather than a high processed sugar bomb with no nutritive value. Try a natural peanut butter (less sugar, no preservatives), whole wheat bread, and a sugar free all fruit spread (like Polaner's). It will offer you a balanced meal of proteins, fats, and carbs. Not to mention high fiber, low or natural sugars, and nutrient dense calories. This means you get a full belly and steady energy for hours.

A bit more of a grown up taste but not bad by any means!

Filling, easy, quick, healthy vegetarian breakfast recipes?




ska_bk


I'm not vegetarian, but I'd prefer not to eat meat for breakfast. I try to eat healthy. The morning is the worst for me, becuase I wake up very early, so I eat breakfast early. What I eat just is not satisying, and I end up feeling sick with hunger by 10:00 am. Here's an example: this morning I ate a bowl of cornflakes with skim milk for breakfast. An hour later I ate a banana with just a little peanut butter (less then a tablespoon.) I started feeling sick an hour after that, so I ate half of a tomato, hummus and lettuce sandwich that was supposed to be for lunch. I was still hungry after that and had a small piece of a large sourdough pretzel an hour before lunch. I started feeling a little better, but was still very hungry at lunch. I'm willing to eat every few hours, but I want to be prepared, and I hate feeling sick with hunger. Does anyone have any ideas or recipes that I can eat in/throughout the morning that will fill me up, and is also healthy?


Answer
You aren't getting enough protein. I have learned to do quick, filling savory breakfasts I can bring with to work.
Take thin wheat pita bread (joseph's works well, it's soft and thin, has omega oil and protein) spread with hummus, add cheese, olives, sprouts, shredded carrots and hot sauce if you like. Roll and wrap. Works to make the night before.
Sanwiches... Good quality wheat bread, peanut butter, honey, sliced banana
Boil some eggs one night. Take the leftovers and make egg salad:
chopped eggs, mayo of your choice (I like light canola, much healthier) Dijon mustard, chopped celery a little cayenne, salt and pepper. Add swiss cheese.
Read the ingredients on your breakfast foods; cereal, fruit, pretzels are solid carbs. They spike your blood sugar, then it drops because there is no protein. That's when you get shaky, naseaus and headachy. If that does happen, drink fruit juice, and eat something right away.
No time? Buy crackers and bags of cubed cheese. It's a balance of carb/protein. Buy trail bars and peanut butter to spread. Mixed nuts are solid protein. Bags of trail mix (with seeds, nuts and dried fruit) are also good to have. All of these things (except cheese!) hold up in a bag or drawer.

Hope this helps!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment