Wednesday, June 18, 2014

How to improve fitness and diet ?




david


I'm 16 years old and I used to way 80kg now I weigh 65kg, I'm happy with my weight at the moment and I want to keep it this way.
I try go gym 3 times a week but in the past 2weeks I have been getting lazy and just going once on weekdays and then doing running on weekends. I don't know if I'm feeling like this because of my diet ? I try eat breakfast but its rare and when I do ( because of school) and i don't know what to eat, I eat lunch and usually I would eat subway , home made sandwich or chicken. And dinner would be either chicken, fish , meat with rice.
I don't drink soft drinks as much but if I do it's coke zero, but besides that I drink heaps of water.
I try not to munch on snacks so is that a good thing or bad thing?
And at times it seems like I have no energy..
I do play sports (AFL) but its off season and pre season starts soon , i started my own training early to lose weight but Could I get tips on ways to improve my diet and ways to help me get motivated at gym like I was before, please!! Links to websites would be helpful to!



Answer
To improve your diet, a person should have 3 meals a day, 3 snacks, as well as a minimum of 2 liters of water. The more water you have cycling through your body, the more weight your going to be able to keep off. It's true that you will have gained a bit of water weight (because your body isn't given all it's needed thus it holds onto it) but once it's realized that you're giving it constant water you'll shed a few pounds. Healthy eating in general is hard to do. You want to eat breakfast all the time. It'll start your system early in the morning and allow you to get a jump start to the day. I'd say try an egg sandwich, egg, spinach, toast or even oatmeal. Stay away from white bread and try going to whole wheat. Also, cut down on red meat. Chicken and fish are highly recommended.

Motivation on the other hand is a tad bit harder, in the beginning you will want motivation to attend the gym. However, I would try going to the gym 2-3 times a week for 21 days. After that it becomes habit, and even then you shouldn't be relying on motivation. It's discipline and habit that keep you going. However, if you do need motivation I usually take it from tumblr. There is a certain part of tumblr that is known as the fitblr's. It's basically a bunch of people trying to gain/ lose/ or maintain a goal weight. These people are not nutritionists, however they do know a lot about health. They will answer tons of questions and help motivate you. It's also adorned with recipe's that are perfect for healthy eating.

One fitblr that I personally enjoy and find extremely helpful is fabulr.tumblr.com/. She knows a lot about stuff like this and her blog is also extremely funny. SO! Yeah, hope I helped.

If you have any further questions I recommend speaking to a doctor or a local nutritionist.

How can you stay a vegetarian? What can you eat? etc?




Kylie


Now I know that there are thousands of websites on being a vegetarian and I know that there are some answers on Yahoo! Answers but I still would like to ask my own questions:

-I know that there are different types of vegetarians but what are they? What are you called if you eat anything but meat?
-Can you eat eggs or eat/drink and dairy products if you're someone who doesn't eat meat?
-How can you stay a vegetarian? Any tips on how to stay a vegetarian for a long time?
-Whatever, I just need tips on BEING a vegetarian.

Okay, so I'm thinking about becoming a vegetarian. I know that there are different types but I am planning on being the kind that eats anything but meat. I need a healthier eating plan and I love animals so that's why I am thinking about becoming a vegetarian.
Any photos, websites, or Tumblrs that you know of would help me a bunch! Same with recipes or any ideas on what to eat! Thanks x



Answer
1.) The types of vegetarianism are:
~Ovo-Lacto vegetarian (eats eggs, dairy, honey, but no meat.)
~Ovo vegetarian (eats eggs & honey but no dairy or meat.)
~Lacto Vegetarian (eats/ drinks milk and dairy, honey, but doesn't eat eggs or meat.)
~Veganish (this is what I call people who eat vegan, which is NO animal products, but still wear leather, wool, etc.)
~Vegan (use no animal produces what-so-ever.)
~fruititarian (only eat the 'fruit' of a plant, so the plant itself isn't killed. Eats no animal products at all.)
~Raw vegan (uses no animal products at all and eats them raw for a most of the time. I've heard of people eating raw 80% of the time, but I'm guessing the percentage varies.)

2.) Ovo-lacto vegetarians eat dairy and eggs. This is the most common type of vegetarianism in the USA, and is often refered to as a 'starting point' for people who want to eventually transition to vegan, though some people simply stay Ovo- lacto vegetarian.

3.) My best tips would have to be:
~Eat your fruits and veggies!!!! Make sure you eat plenty of protein from beans, nuts, dairy and eggs (if you choose to eat the dairy and eggs.)
~Get iron from dark leafy greens like spinach, kale, and so on (Make green smoothies if you don't like greens that much, that way you just taste fruit.)
~ When you get meat cravings, don't cave! I've found that it's usually not the meat a person craves, they usually need a fat. When you feel like you NEED to eat meat, try eating some eggs, (yes, the yolk too!) or maybe something nice and cheesy. Your body will crave fat, especially when you first start out, because it's used to all the fat from meat. But you don't really need all the fat- your body is just a costumed to it, and needs to adjust.
~DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT overload on the soy!!!! This is the worst mistake I ever made! :P Soy is good for getting protein, but you can have too much of anything, so watch how much you eat. Any morningstar products are great to keep around the house, but think of them like fast food- only eat them once in a while!
~ If you're eating healthy, don't be afraid to eat. Don't think "oh, well, I ate all these veggies and I'm still hungry but I don't want to gain weight." Veggies are low in calories and have lots of water in them, So don't be afraid to eat 'too many' fruits and veggies. :)
~ If you get hungry a lot, eat more protein. If you feel like you can't feel full, no matter how much you eat, you need protein

As for what to eat? Here's a few Ideas:
~black bean Burgers
~grilled cheese
~ cheese pizza
~ salad! as long as you have veggies you're good.
~ Shepards pie- just sub the meat for sauteed mushrooms and the use mushroom gravy!
~ veggie grilled sandwich (peppers, onions, mushrooms all sauteed and hot on a bun)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment