Friday, February 14, 2014

What should I eat to lose weight?

Q. I am working on losing 15 pounds in 5 weeks. My diet is less than 1200 calories per day. This is what I usually eat:
Breakfast: Peanut butter and jelly whole grain whole wheat sandwich with cup of tea.
Snack: Apple
Lunch: Original oatmeal with cup of tea.
Snack: Carrots
Dinner: Chapatis (tortillas) with sabji (vegetables) or daal (soup).

Please tell me what else I should eat. I AM A VEGETARIAN.


Answer
Oatmeal is great :) apples and carrots are great. Try drinking more water because sometimes when you think you're hungry you're actually thirsty.
Also if you want to lose weight faster, I recommend doing cardio- particularly running. That is definitely going to help.

The healthy way to lose weight:
-It's not about not eating, it's about eating smaller portions, more regularly.
-It's about eating HEALTHY foods such as here (http://shapemytorso.tumblr.com/tagged/fav)
-It's about running, getting some exercise- that's the quickest way to burn calories. This is the absolute most guaranteed way to lose weight. Run 1hr/day (you can break it up into 15 minute sections) every day for a month and you'll like approximately FIVE POUNDS, with exercise alone. So combining that with eating healthily you'll lose heaps!
-It's about getting enough sleep (which will also result from eating better)... because that's SO important to losing weight, stress can cause weight gain!
-It's about drinking a lot of water (about 1-2 litres/day and you'll see an improvement!)
I never believed you need to drink that much water either, I thought.. I'll drink when I'm thirsty. But I decided to try drinking more anyway and I've noticed a major improvement in my health.

If you need help- here's a really great site that will give you tips, facts, workouts, recipes etc- a complete guide to losing weight healthily.

This blog also has some vegetarian recipes too! (like vegetarian pasta, it's really great I made it the other night :)- http://shapemytorso.tumblr.com/post/35044407831/shapemytorso-health-blog )
:
shapemytorso.tumblr.com

Good luck.

Easy way for teen girl to loose weight?




Lil Redhoo


I have no free time to exercise because of school and finals, I have to plan a case for law and I'm the only one in my group doing anything and I have a 5 page study packet for bio and no book so I have to google everything for a class I'm failing. I want to loose weight for the last month of summer (summer school so it doesn't really matter for the beginning) and just to make it worse I can't make my own luch in the morning (not enough time) so I have to rely on cheap u-46 lunches. I tried the salads but half of the time they're frozen, the carrots are chewy and the fruit they keep is bruised and bitter. I need some ideas! We have a snack bar but with nothing healthy and the other day they gave out giftcards to the mc donalds across the street. ugh I'm sorry for complaining, and ik I didn't give you guys a lot to work with. But I do walk a mile to get home with a ( I just weighed it) 13lb bag so that's a good workout I guess. Is there anyway to make my school lunches healthier? I posted a blog on tumblr about them but I have to refind it because I signd out :P it'll be on here eventually.
Its called what-your-eating it has about a weeks worth of the normal school lunches we get



Answer
Hi there! I have a few suggestions for you :)

Try making meals at night for next day.

---Boil Chicken (organic if possible, get boneless, skinless breasts) at night for about 20/25 minutes (until not longer pink in center)

---Slice for eating plain (add lemon, pepper and perhaps a drizzle of olive oil for flavor)

---Pre- make salad at night.. Add chicken to that if you'd like

---Add Chicken to sandwich - use veggies to make yummy, add avocado for good fats, skip mayo

---Dice Chicken to make Chicken Salad for sandwiches (recipe below*)

---Pre-wash/cut veggies: Carrots, Celery, Cucumber, Zucchini, Radishes.. any Veggie you like. Put in container and take with you. (10 min)

The goal is to make food that last more than a day.. get a few days out of what you make.

The Healthy Life Chicken Salad Recipe*
Dice Chicken
Add: 1 Celery Stalk, about a tblspn of chopped Red Onion, 1 small pickle (diced) 1 tspn Dijon Mustard, 1/2 tspn Olive Oil. MIX (add any veggie you like)
Put on sandwich with avocado and lettuce, tomato and you'll be full until dinner.
If you don't want bread, mix with lettuce.

Drink plenty of water. Walking the mile each day is great!!
Stay away from soft drinks, processed foods and sugar the best you can.

Losing weight is a process. Be kind to yourself, your body and listen to what your body is telling you.

Best Wishes!
Julie @ The Healthy Life




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment