Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Healthy crockpot dinner recipe?




AKH


So I hate to cook but using the crockpot has really helped me in my quest to eat healthy. I gave pretty much been cooking plain chicken in there so am looking to switch it up. Im ok if it is still chicken, I just need more then just salt and pepper but still have it be a healthy lower calorie meal. Any suggestions would be great, thanks


Answer
I cook soooo much in the crockpot. It is quite easy for a busy woman like myself. Some of my family favorites:

~Pot roast with carrots, onions and potatoes, cook on low and takes approx. 8-10 hrs

~3 large chicken breasts, 1 packet of taco seasoning, and 1 can of rotel tomatoes and diced chilies. You can use this with a corn or flour tortilla, or in a taco salad (or salad with no shell). It is delicious, cook on low for 10 hrs is what I do

~1 medium package of chicken legs, 1 container of chicken broth, red and yellow pepers. Season with adobo or whatever you like. Steam some veggies for a side after the chicken is cooked. Once again, I cook on low for approx. 8-10 hrs

~Turkey tenderlion (preseasoned: teriyaki, rotisserie, cajun, etc). Cook for 8-10 hrs. Sometimes I cook it in turkey broth with carrots and potatoes, sometimes I cook without the broth and just add carrots or forget the veggies and steam some brocolli or make a side of corn

~3 large chicken breasts, 1 container of Lawry's liquid marinade. Sometimes we use a teriyaki marinade then eat with a side of stir fry mixed veggies. Sometimes we use a BBQ marinade (my favorite is Sweet Ray's) and eat on a sandwich. And sometimes we use a Chili marinade and eat it with a side of rice. There are other marinades, too so just pick what you like and make a side with it.

~BBQ chicken in the crockpot. You need 1 bottle of BBQ sauce, approx. 3 breasts, and a tablespoon of brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of worcestershire sauce and a teaspoon of honey. It's delicious.

~Chili; cook 1 lb of ground beef, season it and put that in the crockpot. Add what you like in your chili: jalapenos, onions, tomatoes, chili's, whatever it is you want plus 1-2 cups of water. Let it cook on low for 4 hours.

~This recipe probably isn't the healthiest, but it is a favorite. In the bottom of the crockpot I season 3 chicken breasts with some garlic and onion powder. Then, in a bowl I mix 1 pkg. of ore ida hashbrowns (with the peppers and onions), 8 oz. low fat sour cream and 8 oz. of cream of mushroom soup. After that is mixed I add it on top of the chicken. I add 1 container of chicken broth. I let it cook for 8 hrs on low. As I stir it, the chicken shreds itself. It is so delicious and I get a lot of compliments on this recipe.

~Jerk chicken. You can use a whole chicken, white or dark meat. Buy a chicken rub, season the chicken. Cook for 8 hrs. So it doesn't burn I add some broth or water to the bottom or even an addition liquid jerk seasoning marinade. Serve with cooked cabbage and carrots or rice and peas. Spicy, but so delicious.

~Mango chicken. Another family favorite. I use either chicken legs or chicken breasts, and buy a liquid mango marinade. We eat with rice and veggies.

Sometimes I just make veggies in the crockpot. I'll put in some broth, then carrots and potatoes and red/yellow/orange peppers. I'll bring home a rotisserie chicken to eat with it.

I'm sure you could get really creative and eat anything from chicken wings to ribs to lamb to eggs (yes we have made eggs in the crockpot!) to pizza and pasta. We don't usually eat pork so we don't have any pork recipes.

Easy HEALTHY recipe ideas! (breakfast and lunch/dinner)?




A


I am running out of recipe ideas to feed my daughter.

She will practically eat anything, not allergic to anything so it's pretty much open.The only catch is it has to be healthy.I feed her mostly organic with exceptions here and there.

I usually cook enchiladas, tacos, stew, lasagna, pizza, sandwiches, eggs, pancakes, french toast, spaghetti, thanksgiving dinner, cheeseburgers, hamburger helper, hot dogs, ravioli, soups and salads.

On school days, she eats cold cereal and oatmeal for breakfast and on weekends I usually make homemade breakfast.

I am just running out of ideas and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions? (preferably nothing with sweet and sour or teryioki because the smell of both of those make me nauseous and I cannot cook with it)



Answer
~ Try this Chicken Rice recipe* it taste awesome
2 Large chicken breasts
1 bag of short grain rice
boil the rice for about 20 min or until ready .
then bake the chicken for about an hour or until golden brown.
when each one i finished get the chicken and slice it into small peices and mix
it with the rice and butter , pepper , and salt . thenn add a little hotsauce and if you want . add broccoli . that awesome and healthy im sure your daughter will love it !




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment