Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Easy way for teen girl to loose weight?

healthy sandwich recipes tumblr
 on ... recipes this is a delicious chicken recipe that my family loves
healthy sandwich recipes tumblr image



Lil Redhoo


I have no free time to exercise because of school and finals, I have to plan a case for law and I'm the only one in my group doing anything and I have a 5 page study packet for bio and no book so I have to google everything for a class I'm failing. I want to loose weight for the last month of summer (summer school so it doesn't really matter for the beginning) and just to make it worse I can't make my own luch in the morning (not enough time) so I have to rely on cheap u-46 lunches. I tried the salads but half of the time they're frozen, the carrots are chewy and the fruit they keep is bruised and bitter. I need some ideas! We have a snack bar but with nothing healthy and the other day they gave out giftcards to the mc donalds across the street. ugh I'm sorry for complaining, and ik I didn't give you guys a lot to work with. But I do walk a mile to get home with a ( I just weighed it) 13lb bag so that's a good workout I guess. Is there anyway to make my school lunches healthier? I posted a blog on tumblr about them but I have to refind it because I signd out :P it'll be on here eventually.
Its called what-your-eating it has about a weeks worth of the normal school lunches we get



Answer
Hi there! I have a few suggestions for you :)

Try making meals at night for next day.

---Boil Chicken (organic if possible, get boneless, skinless breasts) at night for about 20/25 minutes (until not longer pink in center)

---Slice for eating plain (add lemon, pepper and perhaps a drizzle of olive oil for flavor)

---Pre- make salad at night.. Add chicken to that if you'd like

---Add Chicken to sandwich - use veggies to make yummy, add avocado for good fats, skip mayo

---Dice Chicken to make Chicken Salad for sandwiches (recipe below*)

---Pre-wash/cut veggies: Carrots, Celery, Cucumber, Zucchini, Radishes.. any Veggie you like. Put in container and take with you. (10 min)

The goal is to make food that last more than a day.. get a few days out of what you make.

The Healthy Life Chicken Salad Recipe*
Dice Chicken
Add: 1 Celery Stalk, about a tblspn of chopped Red Onion, 1 small pickle (diced) 1 tspn Dijon Mustard, 1/2 tspn Olive Oil. MIX (add any veggie you like)
Put on sandwich with avocado and lettuce, tomato and you'll be full until dinner.
If you don't want bread, mix with lettuce.

Drink plenty of water. Walking the mile each day is great!!
Stay away from soft drinks, processed foods and sugar the best you can.

Losing weight is a process. Be kind to yourself, your body and listen to what your body is telling you.

Best Wishes!
Julie @ The Healthy Life

Healthy Fooooooooood!?




girll.


i need to know healthy food that TEENS would actually like, seriously! i love most fruits but not to wild about veggies.. and i LOVE breads and grains (carbs) but thats not good..so give me healthy snacks that people would eat on a diet, or not...

gracios personas.



Answer
Carbs actually are good! You need them, they fuel your brain.

I'll give you a sample of things you could eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner during a day.

Breakfast: Oatmeal with Fruits (Blueberries, Blackberries, Bananas, Kiwi, Strawberries, etc), 2 or 3 Egg Whites, Scrambled. Add Shredded Cheese to your Eggs for more protein if you wish.

Lunch: (Now I know you're not huge on vegetables so I'll give you a couple of options for lunch)
1) Spinach Salad with some Grilled Chicken (again for protein) and your choice of dressing (Vinaigrette being the healthiest, but Kraft makes great low cal Ranch Dressing or my personal favourite Russian Dressing).
2) Grilled Chicken Sandwich on Whole Grain or Rye Bread with Light Mayonnaise, Lettuce, Tomatoes and Sprouts.
3) I'm a huge fan of Healthy Choice Gourmet Steamers, they have many essential nutrients in each Steamer and they are generally packed with Fibre. They make for a great on the go lunch.

Dinner:
1) Steamed Broccoli and Cauliflower, either Baked Tilapia or Grilled Chicken and Brown Rice or a Baked Potato.
2) Stirfry made of Brown Rice (add Soya Sauce for taste if you want), a medley of vegetables (Snowpeas, carrots, broccoli, Cauliflower, etc) and Grilled Chicken.

For snacks during the day (try to have 1 snack between each meal), Fibre1 makes great tasting 100 calorie bars (Peanut Butter and Chocolate flavoured are my personal favourite), they are filling and give you 25% of your daily recommended Fibre, Unsweetened Applesauce, Low fat Yogurt, an Apple or Banana.

Also, you should be drinking 2L of water each day, it'll keep you feeling full (your body often mistakes hunger for dehydration), keep your skin clearer and your breath smelling better.

Hope this helps. I'll list a few good sources for recipes:

Recipes under 400 Calories: http://www.under400.tumblr.com
Baked Tilapia Recipe: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=32314
"A Healthy Menu Sample": http://nutrition.about.com/od/diets/ht/samplemenu1.htm
http://allrecipes.com//Recipes/healthy-cooking/low-calorie/Main.aspx

Helpful Hint: Your dinner plate should be 1/2 Vegetables, 1/4 Lean Protein & 1/4 Carb or Starchy Vegetable.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment