Friday, August 23, 2013

Hey, does anyone have any HEALTHY breakfast recipes that will fill me up in the morning?

amazing healthy sandwich recipes
 on AN AMAZING FISH SANDWICH Recipe | Just A Pinch Recipes
amazing healthy sandwich recipes image



Dot


I'm in highschool and I needed some quick, nutritious ideas. Thanks a bunch!


Answer
Please be careful with the "to go" bars. The quaker oatmeal bars all contain hydrogenated oils and other terrible preservatives. Kashi makes some great bars. Their pumpkin bars are amazing!! Some other things you can do is to hardboil eggs so that when you get up in the morning you can just grab one and go. Make yourself a sandwich the night before. There is nothing wrong with grabbing a sandwich in the morning. I would suggest oatmeal but that takes a bit more time. Get some preservative free graham crackers. Eat them plain or spread natural peanut butter on them and grab a banana.

If you have time to throw something in a blender there are a ton of smoothie recipes you could make. Invest in a good travel cup with a straw or whatever so you can make your smoothie and go.

String cheese or other kinds of cheese. They make all kinds now that are already cut and easy to take with you. Bake muffins on the weekends (if you are willing to bake). Then you'll have muffins for the week. Or do the same with healthy cookie recipes.There are also all kinds of recipes for cereal and granola bars. If you're willing to put in a littl work on the weekend then you'll have quick breakfasts for the entire week.

There are all kinds of things you can do. Just be imaginative and willing to think outside the box. And try really hard to avoid the prepackaged convenience foods because they are not healthy--even if many of them say they are. If they have a list of preservatives then they are NOT healthy.

What healthy, cheap, quick, vegetarian meals can i make at university?




MIDORI


Hey everyone, happy new year!!

I have been living off microwaveable macaroni cheese ready meals at uni and my new year's resolution is to start cook myself healthy meals!
I need to balance this around dance, exercise, cheerleading and studying so must be quick and very easy as my skills are lacking!!!

Please help, you will be doing me a huge favour!!!

xoxo



Answer
I want to say salads, but I think that is way obvious. But I would suggest you try this website I found with tons and tons of amazing recipes for all sorts of things. If you like the website and choose to use it, I recommend also reading some of the comments because they've found ways to switch it up to make the dish even better.

Also, I don't know how quick you want things made. I estimate if a dish can be ready from start to finish in 20 minutes, its quick! (Of course, I don't count the 5-10 minutes to prepare marinades the night before). I also don't know if you have access to an oven or stove top...

Here are a few (quick?) vegetarian dishes I found:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Three-Bean-Salad/Detail.aspx (prepare time is short, but needs to chill for 12 hours)
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Eggplant-and-Pepper-Parmesan-Sandwiches/Detail.aspx (25 minutes total time!)
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Quick-and-Easy-Stuffed-Peppers/Detail.aspx (Microwavable stuffed bell peppers! My boyfriend tried this recipe and said it came out as good as ones baked in the oven)
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/College-Students-Saucy-Chickpeas/Detail.aspx (college student's recipe!)

There's also lots of smoothie recipes and lots of fun salad recipes on there also.

I hope that helped a little. Just browse around a little more and I'm sure you will find some great recipes. Print them out, make your own little recipe book (that's what I did for my boyfriend's birthday) and have some cooking fun.


www.allrecipes.com




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment