Sunday, May 19, 2013

About how many sandwiches will a can of shredded chicken make?

Q. I am making shredded chicken sandwiches for my daughters birthday. I am just using the big can of the boned chicken, half of a box of Ritz crackers, and a big can of cream of chicken. About how many sandwiches do you think that will make? I don't know whether to double it up or not...
Its like the giant can! Im not sure how much but it usually fills a crockpot!

A. Probably only two if you don't mix the shredded chicken up with chopped lettuce & mayo.... if only mayo on the bread & the shredded chicken, then two.... if you are gonna make a chicken salad with it, then about 3.... =)
A can of tuna says 2.5 servings but really only think of it as two if not mixing with chopped lettuce, sugar, mayo, etc.... I use one can tuna per tuna salad sammy recipe which I put 2 cups chopped lettuce, mayo, etc, in & still only get 3 sammies.... =)
But you did say a big can so it may be bigger than the little tuna cans. In that case just read the serving size & servings per container on the nutrition label. If it says half a serving (2.5 servings) just round down. =)

For the little amount of chicken you get per can, it's cheaper to buy a bag of frozen chicken breasts if money is a factor.... =)

Just like a can of Spag-Os, cannot understand it.... it's high in sodium, you practically have to eat the whole can for one person to be satisfied & it's like baby mush.... buying a jar of spag. sauce & cooking some spag or elbow noodles is soo much cheaper/serving, wayyy healthier, & you get way more than one serving.... go figure... =/


What are some good easy vegetarian recipes?
Q. My mum doesn't ever cook and only heats already-made meals, such as pizza or something unhealthy. Or she just makes chips or a chicken sandwich, so I decided to start cooking. Well, I really don't know how to cook, so I'm hoping you can give me some easy vegetarian/vegan recipes??!

Thanks.

A. I use a lot of canned tomatoes and legumes when I cook. A really simple recipe for a vegetarian soup is to cut up an onion, a few cloves of garlic and shred half of a celeriac. Then heat up some oil in a pot and fry them for a little while. Make sure they don't burn. Add lentils, canned tomatoes and vegetable stock. Some water might be needed. Add salt, pepper and maybe some dried herbs.

If you google for easy vegetarian recipes you'll find lots of stuff. Since I don't know what kind of food you like it's a little hard to come up with tips, but vegetarian chili, Indian dal, pancakes (you can make them with half graham flour and eat them with fruit for a healthier meal), pasta primavera and veggie burgers seems to be popular with most people (vegetarian or not).


What do you do when you can't decide what to make for dinner?
Q. I'm the one responsible for cooking for my husband and I and we are trying to eat healthier meals. I'm in a rut!! I enjoy cooking but I get tired of always deciding.

For instance tonight, grilled chicken sandwiches (or something else with chicken), pork tenderloin? Salmon in the freezer? And then what about side dishes? I have carrots, broccoli, salad, cauliflower.

Please help!

A. I have a hard time deciding also, which makes cooking frustrating. So I have gone to various food recipe websites such as Rachel Ray's, Martha Stewart's, and allrecipes.com to find new recipes to try out. There are plenty out there, so I just look what main dish I want to eat (such as beef) then look online, and usually find something appetizing. Good luck!

Btw: with the ingredients you have, you could make a chicken pot pie, or a chicken-broccoli baked calzone.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment