Saturday, May 10, 2014

I need some child friendly healthy maybe even some vegetarian recipes?




westcoastc


I am looking for some new meal ideas for the family, recipes that can be made big enough for 2 meals for a family of 4...

I am looking for, very healthy, cheap and even some vegetarian recipes...

Any ideas?



Answer
well besides pastas like spaghetti or something with an alfredo and garlic sauce...
depends on their chewing preferences.
if the like things more dry and solid like sandwiches or salad mixes or chewy like less leafy salads or humus based things.
how about trying something with pesto sauce and or bread as a main or side dish and something with cheese rice and onions for the other. something spicy zesty chewy and solid all together.

Do you have a healthy recipe you would recommend to pregnant women?




4i's


I am trying to conceive and I was wondering what foods are good to eat when pregnant. There are so many restrictions on what you can and can't eat so I was hoping some people might be willing to share their favourite Pregnancy Friendly recipes.


Answer
Bear in mind that I'm part of the group of people who thinks nuts are fine when you're pregnant. Not everyone agrees, but I personally don't think they have a lot of hard facts to support their claims that it causes nut allergies in your children.

I like grilled sunflower butter banana sandwiches on whole wheat. You slice the bananas and put them on one slice of whole wheat bread, sprinkle a tiny bit of brown sugar on top, spread sunflower butter on the other slice of whole wheat bread, put it together, butter the outside faces of the bread, then grill it just like grilled cheese. It was one of the high protein, high nutrient foods I could stand when I was queasy, besides being great comfort food.

I'm also a big fan of alfredo sauce on whole wheat spaghetti. Whole grains + calcium is good stuff.

There aren't really a ton of restrictions on what you *can* eat, you just have to stay away from those fishes that are mercury risks, any soft cheese made with a visible mold like blue or brie, and any fish, meat, or egg that is raw or undercooked. And alcohol, of course.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment