Thursday, March 13, 2014

Simple foods for toddlers...?




Question-


I babysit my 3 year old sister everyday and just now I realized that the only things she ever eats are kraft dinner, Mcdonalds and frozen foods and very rarely the food my mom cooks and leaves in the fridge. I know this is soo unhealthy especially for a 3 year old.

I'm only 15 years old so I don't really know how to make meals from scratch. I could try, but like all 3 year olds, she extremely picky with what she eats...so I'm afraid my meal won't taste good enough for her to eat putting into consideration that i don't cook.

So are there any (simple) full proof toddler approved recipes that you guys can share with me??



Answer
Well most kids are picky eaters at that age but you can try mac n cheese, peanut butter n jelly sandwiches ( I cut them into fun shapes using cookie cutters)...ill even tell my son be a montser and eat the plane...lol. it works...he very picky! Try soups like chicken noodle soups, my son loves spinach pizza. Give healthy snacks likes fruits and granola bars, etc. My son like fruit smoothies a lot. I tell him its slushie.

Kid lunch recipes?

Q. Ok, so I need some kid-approved luch recipes.

They're kind of sick of sandwiches, soups, etc.


Simple is always the best route to go..

Any suggestions would be great!


Answer
If you make it fun/interesting and get them involved they will eat healthy.

My kids love what they call "cube lunch". Baked chicken breast cut in cubes (usually leftover from dinner), cheese cut in cubes, croutons, and watermelon or cantelope cut in cubes. They like to pick up the cubes with toothpicks or eat with their fingers.

Ramen is always quick and easy. I drain the water off the noodles, then add seasoning packet, plus throw in a little meat and veggies from previous nights dinner leftovers. Looks like stir fry noodles, and they love (beg) for it.

Pasta and sauce. We keep big ziplocs of different boiled pastas in the fridge and different types of gravys (brown, white, tomato, cheese, butter/garlic). They they can pick their noodles (one or mix and match) to reheat in strainer under hot tap water and I just reheat the gravy in the microwave. Usually pre-make big batches of gravy and freeze in smaller cups until we are ready to thaw them. Or in a pinch, just open a can/jar of spaghetti sauce to pour on top.

Fresh produce and cracker lunch - Cucumber slices, steamed squash circles (3 min in microwave), tomato slices, apple slices, banana slices, peach slices, avacodo slices, etc. They like to see what different combinations taste like on different crackers or with different toppings (like honey, mustard, ketchup, syrup, salad dressing etc.) I usually just put out a bunch of condiments and let them experiment.

Goofy, I know, but we have fun with it and they enjoy eating healthy.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment