Monday, December 23, 2013

I need ideas for food that doesn't require much cooking for my mom?

healthy easy sandwich ideas
 on you might also like school lunch ideas and information lunch
healthy easy sandwich ideas image



Annie


I buy food for her every once in a while because she's not doing too well financially. I always try to keep it healthy and fresh, stuff she has to prepare. Now she's pretty sick with the flu so she needs things that don't require much preparation. Things on this weeks sick list include soup and crackers, hot dogs (I know, I know...) and stuff for sandwiches. Any ideas for easy to throw together food?


Answer
Why not Prepare a few meals for her to just heat up? Lasagna's, Pasta Dishes, Soups and Salads, Pot Pies etc? Then add in the Basic Lunch and Breakfast Fixings? Also send Fruit, Yogurt, Jello, Carrots and Cucumbers for Easy snacks.

What are healthy, easy lunches/snacks to bring to sitters house for my 12mo old?




Carrie D


I am trying to get my 12 mo old away from too much pureed foods. I think thats what Im supposed to do anyway. I don't want to make too much trouble for my sitter for lunches and snacks. Any ideas on healthy and easy things to pack along for him?


Answer
My daughter is 16 months, and I started transitioning her from pureed foods around a year old too. I started the new things when I was with her so I could see her reaction to whether or not she would eat them, then could advise her caregiver accordingly. The things she caught on to earliest were bananas, cheerios, and graham crackers. I would slice a banana in two before I peeled it because there was no way she was going to finish it and save the 2nd half for later. I would hold the banana and she would take bites from it. I also started her on PB & J sandwiches around this age, and it's one of her favorite things. Another of her early finger foods was rotini pasta. Easy for her to pick up, and now I can add sauce and it makes a great dinner. At 16 months I still give her baby food vegetables because she eats them and it's difficult for me to get her to eat regular vegetables at this point.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment