Monday, December 23, 2013

How to stay fit for my 15 hour studying routine ?

healthy tuna sandwich recipe without mayo
 on Tuna+sandwich+without+mayo
healthy tuna sandwich recipe without mayo image



Chirag


I have my Accountancy Exams near & so I've to study 15 hours a day. I've planned to study in a library for 10 hours and 5 hours at my home.

Pls suggest me a diet that will build energy & not make me sluggish/sleepy & help me accomplish my task of studying 15 hours.

More Info : I have hyper acidity & migraine so I've to eat food every 3 hours.

Help.



Answer
When you get hungry and want to snack, make sure your fridge is filled with easy to grab fruits and veggies. If you like things like broccoli and peppers.. things that need to be cut up, do that all in advance so when you are studying you can go to the fridge and pull all of it out and just snack while you study. Baby carrots are yummy and they fill your tummy.. Berries are very tasty, and good for you. Apples, bananas.. melons.. All that good stuff, have it all ready to be snacked on before hand. If you need more protein in there, one of my favorite snacks is apples and cheese. It may sound weird, but you take a slice of apple and a slice of cheese and eat it together. Tastes SO good! You can also put peanut butter on celery.. Peanut butter on a variety of fruits too.
Eggs is also something that helps build energy. Start your morning off with a couple eggs, however you like them best, and a couple pieces of toast. Stay away from processed foods though. No chips or things like that.
If you have the time, which I understand you may not.. But something that I love is making my own granola bars! I don't have the recipe, but it shouldn't be hard to find one online.. You can put a variety of dried fruits, nuts and even chocolate into it! Its a lot healthier than the granola bars you buy from the store, and you can make a large batch, so you will have a lot to snack on over the next few days.
Also, dried fruit is very good to eat. Typically you can fit more in your stomach because there is less water in them, so they are more filling.
Fish is good. Do you like tuna salad sandwiches? I love taking a can of tuna, mixing mayo in with it and then adding dejon mustard and lemon pepper to it. Add a small amount at first, then add to taste. It is soo delicious! And with the mustard you use less mayo, which is always a good thing. Tuna is a good filler, and good brain food. If you can use whole grain breads too. They'll keep you fuller longer and they are a lot better for you than white bread.
So basically, lots of fruits and veggies! And no processed foods! Also stay AWAY from caffeine.. whether it be in coffee, or some teas and certainly stay away from energy drinks! If you have a specialty tea store in your area, its not a bad idea to go in there and ask what kind of selection they have for teas that will give you energy but do not have caffeine in them. There are a lot of yummy teas that provide very similar effects as coffee, but without the nasty caffeine crash.
Also, take a break every now and then and go for a walk. Plug your music in and just step away from the studying. Its good to take like half an hour to let it all sink in. Stay away from the TV, so going for a walk is always nice. Plus walking will help your blood flow and might wake you up a little!
Good luck on this insane sounding study session!
EDIT: After reading everyone elses comments I forgot to say water! Drink lots of it! If you do drink teas without caffeine, don't add sugar. Try honey. Tea without caffeine does count towards your water intake, where as something with caffeine actually doesn't. But regardless, drink lots of water!

What CAN you buy from the grocery store when you're watching your weight?




Anna


Soo, I'm tired of eating the typical chicken strips and Dr. Pepper sort of meal. I really have no clue what to buy that isn't unhealthy. I'm just not sure what to buy or eat that'll actually have some nutritional value. I'm starting to drink water, but kind of actual food do I buy?
I would just like someone to LITERALLY tell me what to buy.



Answer
I avoid packaged products, except bread, pasta or rice.

You don’t have to limit yourself to low calorie food, as long as you watch your portion sizes and use the right cooking method (slow cooker, pressure cooker, steamer, microwave, grill, rotisserie…so you don’t have to add extra fat). I eat filet mignon that I grill…and I am always lighter on the scale the next morning (it has to do with the proteins in meat). You can also buy lean ground beef and make great homemade meatballs (20 minutes in the oven) which will be fulfilling and low calorie (use homemade bread crumbs), unlike the commercially made meatballs which are very high calorie and so tiny.

I’m not sure what chicken strips are… a “style of batter-fried chicken without skin or bones”? I usually eat skinless chicken that I cook in my rotisserie (using a lot of herbs but no fat) or my slow cooker or my pressure cooker so I never have to add extra fat.

A lot of fishes (my favorite is salmon) are delicious cooked in a steamer with broccolis and carrots. You can eat some rice with that too.

I find that adding broccolis to a lot of meals (pasta, rice…) really fills me up. Broccoli is the best vegetable, nutritionally wise.

You can basically eat any fruits or veggies that you like. Even an avocado, which has a lot of calories, is very good for you (has the good kind of fat). Bananas are great for an easy snack. Buy all the fruits that you like and that go together (and are in season, so they’re sweet) and make a great fruit salad without adding sugar but using pureed raspberries as a sauce (do not put bananas in your fruit salad…those turn ugly, still tasty, but ugly, after a few days). You can then eat that salad for several days, as a snack or desert.

You can also make great salads with lots of greens (lettuce, spinach…), hardboiled egg whites, olives, ham and cheese (watch the portion sizes) with a vinaigrette (olive oil is good for you).

You might want to explore the wide world of other great salads…like pasta salads (penne, elbows. any small pasta, a great way to use leftovers…) with artichoke, lemon, tomatoes and parsley…or a potato salad with tomatoes, anchovies, shallots, olive oil, mustard and chervil (my favorite one).
Any leftovers: pasta, chicken, salmon, veggies like broccolis can be used for salads.

You can also make sandwiches…Those are basically salads with bread. You can make a huge sandwich with 3 slices of whole wheat bread, 2 kinds of cheeses and ham, an egg, some pickles, tomatoes, lettuce…then you cut it in half diagonally and you get TWO meals right there, like one half for dinner and the other half for lunch tomorrow.

Homemade tuna sandwiches are better because you can control the amount of the mayonnaise and celery (very little mayo but a lot of celery) so they’re healthier.

I think that anything homemade has much less calories than commercial food and is so much tastier too. Also when you learn how to cook and you get into gourmet cooking, it’s a lot of fun, juggling with the herbs and enjoying the smell of it all (the only downsize is the dishwashing!). You can go online and find great recipes and learn every day. I learned recently that kale was a great addition to my lentils/sausage soup (yes, you CAN have sausage…just REALLY watch for portion size).

Also, having a yogurt a day is good (with probiotic bacteria) and makes a perfect snack or desert. Drink some milk too.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment