Thursday, December 12, 2013

I'd like some vegetarian recipes that work for people that eat meat typically?

healthy low fat sandwich recipes
 on Quick and Healthy Low Fat Recipes and Menus | Eating Well
healthy low fat sandwich recipes image



Cat


I have a family member who has boderline high cholesterol levels and I need to come up with family style recipes that will please the children and adults. If there are any helpful supplements, as I have had some advice from people as to how they did it, that's great as well. I find it difficult to please someone who likes meat. I also want to focus on only healthy fats, low calorie, little animal foods.


Answer
Marinated grilled veggie sandwiches
Whole grain pasta tossed with EVOO, garlic and veggies
Portabella burgers
Vegetable lasagna
Rice & beans

What is a healthy, easy to make lunch menu?




catch-22


I’d like to try out a menu with plenty carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals and preferably low-fat, that is and easy and quick to cook. When I get home at lunch I usually have little time to prepare food, but I’d like some new ideas for a healthy menu. Thank you in advance!


Answer
I would suggest you to make a sandwich. Based on your preferences, you wish to have carbohydrates which you can get from the bread, vitamins and minerals from the vegetables and meat inside the sandwich.

Here's a very simple recipe to make a sandwich.

Smoked Beef and Cheese Sandwich

ingredients:
Cucumber
Lettuce head
Tomato
mayo or any salad dressing you prefer
smoked beef
sliced cheese
breads (wheat bread would be best)

Instruction:

* Spread mayo or dressing of your choice on the breads
* put all the ingredients on top of a slice of bread
* top the second slice of bread on top
* give it a gentle press just to bind all of them together
* and there you have it.

Enjoy




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment