Friday, December 13, 2013

Any suggestions on what to eat for lunch?

healthy hot turkey sandwich recipes
 on Hot Turkey Sandwiches Recipe | MyRecipes.com
healthy hot turkey sandwich recipes image



Princess


I know it's pathetic but I'm 17 and can't cook. Anyways, my mom ALWAYS offers sandwiches and claims I turn everything down, but that's because it's always the same thing. Then if I say "no to everything" she goes to Wendy's. I'm tired of eating there because she literally gets it at least 4 times a week. It's giving me break outs which is the main issue. I'm not fat by any means but I'm going to the gym and want to achieve the look I want without all this junk. I also need to gain weight. She then offers yogurt which I don't even consider lunch nor is it helping me gain weight. Then she goes on to salad. Again, doesn't help with weight. I also have steak pretty much every night for dinner. Any suggestions?


Answer
I am having a baked potato for lunch today, but that is kinda a splurge on the calories.

My favorite lunch is cottage cheese with fruit, preferably canned unsweetened peaches.And a few soda crackers to go with it.

a wrap that you make yourself, with chicken and cheese and veggies would be healthy.

I buy chicken patties, and buns, and make my own chicken sandwiches. I get the patties for $2, and the buns for $1. A smear of mayo, and it is good, and cheap. Add cheese if you want to.

Make your own healthy tacos. Use ground up turkey or chicken, spice it up so you can't tell it is not hamburger. use the low cal re-fried beans. Diet sour cream, and some lettuce, tomatoes, and some mexican cheese would be good.

Homemade soup, like vegetable, or chili. Make a batch, and put it in the refrigerator, take out servings as you need them. Fix some unsweetened cornbread, or use crackers.

A healthy hot dog, kosher beef, with low cal toppings like onion, mustard, ketchup, relish, pickles, or kraut. Splurge a little and put a little chili over it.

Having steak for supper is bad. Too much cholesterol.
Learn how to prepare chicken. Saute chicken breasts, serve with some stove top stuffing and some veggies. Find other recipes that you might like, like chicken parm,
Go to Kraft Foods for help with quick and easy meals.
Look around in the store, see what is available for a balanced supper. Check out the banquet boxed meals, and Hamburger helper type things.

and beware of salad, the dressing and some of the toppings can have many calories, 1000, or 1500, according to a recent article.

One thing, your diet, and the grease and chocolate in it, does not cause acne. But a balanced diet would help heal it.

there are so many sites that give cooking lessons, on tape, that there really is not an excuse for not knowing how to cook, unless you are a straight "A" student, and taking a big course load, and play team sports too.
Go to allrecipes, or Betty Crocker. Cook's Illustrated is excellent, they tell you why they do what they do[but some of the site costs money].

When in doubt, go to the brand name website. Philadelphia cream cheese, Nabisco, Kraft, and on and on.
I wanted a recipe for catfish, so I went to the catfish farmers. Quite a number of free recipes.

What would be some good healthy meals for a diabetic truck driver on the go?




Emily24


my dad has been eating chips and sandwiches for years it's time to try some good wholesome means but ti's hard when you have to eat on the go so I need some good nutritional tasty food for a truck driver on the go that's easy to eat and fast. Please help!! for some good tips, advice, recipes whatever you got give it please .


Answer
I am diabetic too, and I know it's super hard to eat out or on the go because you don't know what it put in the food, and I just recently found out and it's been hard to figure out the amounts I need to balance everything since I love sugar and carbs! The best tip is to replace your favorites with diabetic things. Now when I bake cookies, instead of sugar I use apple sauce or splenda for example.

I bought an Atkins cookbook since they are lower in carbs but it's not the unhealthy junk the media portrays it to be, not just bacon, steak, and hot dogs.

You can make him healthy meals and freeze them in little tupperwares so he can heat them up in a microwave at a truckstop or in the truck if he has one.

Wraps are a great on the go food, for breakfast lunch and dinner. Examples:
Turkey Bacon, Eggs, Cheese on a whole wheat tortilla or pita.
Chicken, bacon, cheese, light sauce (ranch, hummus, mustard,etc) and veggies on whole wheat wrap or pita

A sandwich is just fine if he loves them, but make sure it's the healthiest possible. Whole wheat bread (make sure the first ingredient is 100% whole wheat/stone ground flour, not enriched wheat flour) it should have at least 2 grams of fiber per slice. I eat lunch at Subway almost everyday, and I just make sure to get mustard as a sauce since I know it's sugar free and no carbs, and make sure the bread is wheat or honey oat.

He should only be drinking water or crystal light if he can because this will allow him to use the sugars he does eat daily for foods he enjoys. I love pepsi but I rather drink water all day if it means I can have a small bowl of ice cream or snack cake when I want a regular dessert.


Snacks he can keep on hand
Popcorn
Peanut Butter (Great alone, or with an apple, etc-its filling, quick, and if you buy the ones with only peanuts and salt in it it's healthy too)
Veggies/hummus
Soups
Whole grain bagels/english muffins
*I didn't include fruits because my Dr. says for me it counts as a sugar since Im not on meds and don't want to be.

Since he is on the road so much he needs to make sure he gets enough exercise as that helps lower blood sugar and improve circulation.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment