Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Recipies recommended for someone who doesn't like to eat veggies?

amazing healthy sandwich recipes
 on cup of Cherry Tomatoes (can mix these with one serving size of ...
amazing healthy sandwich recipes image



24th Princ


I know I should eat my veggies, but they taste so bitter. If there is a recipe that will cut down on the bitterness from them, that would help me out a lot.


Answer
Cabbage
1 package of bacon(chipped/fried)
3 large chopped vadalia onions
1 head of cabbage(chipped)

Fry bacon an onions together until bacon browns.
Poor in 5/6 cups of water.
Bring the bacon, onions and water together to a boil.
Add cabbage.
Boil for ten minutes
(If you are going TOTAL vegetarian, still include the bacon, but don't eat it. The flavoring from the bacon is what makes the cabbage REALLY amazing.)

Squash and Onions
3lbs. fresh squash (sliced)
3 or 4 large onions (any kind)

Spray frying pan to keep from sticking.
Sautee squash and onions until mushy. (about 30 minutes)
Add salt and pepper. (I like light salt and pepper.)

These are my faves. My mother concocted these through experimentation(they are straight from her head).

Baked sweet potatoes are really great and really healthy. Use nonfat butter substitute(I like the squirtable kind) with substitute sweetener and cinnamon.
Don't give up too quickly, I've found sweet potatoes to be very bitter myself, just keep adding stuff until you get the right taste. They DO get better the more stuff you add. Trust me.

My dad also enjoys cinnamon and sugar on mushy carrots.

A good thing to keep in mind is that vegetables make everything taste better. If you get a sandwich with meat on it, just pile on some green peppers, onions, and tomatoes(I love tomatoes). If you are planning on going total vegetarian, I am a BIG fan of tomato sandwiches.

Tomato Sandwich
Put mayonaise on two slices of bread and but two thick slices of tomato on the bread and put salt and pepper on the tomato.

There are some really great store brand vegetable packs that are REALLY easy to make. Experiment with different fried ocra that is already breaded. Also try different packages of cream and whole kernel corn.

What are some new, quick, and healthy dinner recipes?

Q. I love trying new recipes, but I'm all out of ideas :(


Answer
Lately I've been into shrimp salad sandwiches. It's easy, just buy a bag of frozen, cooked shrimp. Take out a handfull for each person, let them sit in a bowl of warm water until there are defrosted (5 min) then cut them up and mix with lowfat mayo. On a roll with lettuce- amazing!

A whole roast chicken is always great. It's not quick but all you have to do is pull the guts out, sprinkle with garlic powder, and roast at 425 for an hour an hour and a half. My mom does 350 for 2 hours but I'm impatient.

Shake & Bake pork chops only take 20 minutes and while they are cooking, put in a seperate cookie sheet with cut up veggies tossed in olive oil & garlic seasonings. They are so good, I use zucchini & carrots!

Pasta- instead of the standard tomato sauce, mix with olive oil, minced garlic, parm cheese, and some veggies. I always add black olives!

Steak tips only take 5 minutes if you buy them small enough. I cook them in a frying pan with butter but you can use cooking spray to be healthier.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment