Sunday, August 25, 2013

What are some easy healthy vegetarian school lunches?

healthy hummus sandwich recipes
 on Open-Faced Hummus Sandwiches Recipe | MyRecipes.com
healthy hummus sandwich recipes image



gymnast4li


I drink milk and eat eggs still but I love it. I don't really like yogurt. I don't eat meat obviously. I am kind of a picky eater. What are some healthy school lunches that are easy to eat that I might like?


Answer
Sandwiches on whole wheat bread wraps with tofu (extra firm) or if you dont like use some vegan hqm or turkey col cuts, or half a mashed avocado they are all good sources of protein also on your sandwich have some hummus(whatever kind you like, my favorite is jalepeno and roasted red pepper) or veganaise and your fav cheese (i use either vegan swiss or laughing cow lite spreadable cheese) and your favorite veggies, i like cucumbers, bean sprouts, spinach, onions, but red peppers, tomato, or lettuce would all be good mix it up andtry all different stuff throughiut the week

Make some vegetable soup, or but some tomato or whatever kind you like from the can (just make sure its not made with chicken or beef broth) keep it warm in a thermos and bring a toasted cheexe sandwich to dip in or eat sepertatly

Bring your favorite cold cereal in a thermos and milk or buy a milk and have cereal as a little treat

On the side make some wholesome cookies with lots of whole grain oats raisins and seeds or trail mix with your favorite dry cereal, nuts, and dryed fruit. Or fresh fruit. Or hummus with veggie sticks.

www.peasandthankyou.com has some good make ahead recipes check it out

Hummus, what are other ways to eat it , besides on crackers?




moemindy


I love hummus, and I always eat it with crackers. What are other ways to eat hummus? I would like to make yummy healthy sandwiches or something with it, but I know it has to be just so for hummus to taste good with it. So please what is your favorite recipe for hummus snacks ?


Answer
Use your hummus in place of Mayonnaise on your favorite sandwich.....

My favorite is hummus spread on a pita, topped with (drained) roasted red peppers and Feta cheese with sprouts.....Light, refreshing and a snap to make......

Also, instead of boring "sour cream based dips" I use hummus with raw veggies for dipping.....you can also flavor the hummus with roasted garlic, roasted red peppers (blend together in a food processor: the result tastes like pimiento cheese).........Those are a couple of my favorite ways to eat hummus.....Enjoy!!!

Christopher




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment