Monday, August 26, 2013

I need some healthy and easy recipes for lunch?

healthy sandwich easy to make
 on How To Make A Easy And Healthy Club Sandwich Recipe | Info Korners
healthy sandwich easy to make image



Jordan


I want some healthy and easy recipes that I can make for lunch. With cheap ingredients and that I can eat on a regular basis. Also maybe some healthy snack ideas?(preferably cheap) thanks!


Answer
I like to make chicken salad for lunches. It’s healthy, fast, and full of protein to keep you full for a long time. Just boil 4 skinless/boneless chicken breasts (around $7), then dice into small squares. Mix in a big bowl with 1 cup mayonnaise, ¼ cup mustard, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 diced onion, 5 diced stalks of celery, salt & pepper (around $5). So, for a total of only 12 bucks, you have lunch for every day of the week.

I pre-portion the Chicken Salad into ziplock sandwich baggies and keep in the fridge, so they are ready to go for each day. Just use a small insulated lunch bag with a freezer pack, to keep the food fresh until lunch time. For a snack, I bring along a bag of baby carrots and ranch dressing. I work in an office, and this is a great lunch for Mon-Fri. Saves me bundles of money and is much healthier than eating fast food every day. If you want, you can take bread to put the salad on, but since I eat low-carb foods, I skip the bread.

What are some easy brown bag lunches for kids?




dasi108


Any one know of healthy and easy brown bag lunches, that maybe don't require to be kept cold or need to be warmed up? I need some ideas.


Answer
Kids eat out of necessity and then want to go play or socialize before the end of the lunch break. Food has to be eaten by hand. Mini carrots, peanut-butter crackers, grapes. That is the favourite of my kids. Cold cuts with crackers, or there are are a thousand combinations of cold sandwiches that can be made quickly. My kids like raw snow peas. We cut up watermelon (when it's good) into handy pieces, same with cantalope. We always ensure that they have a protien, a veg, and a fruit. They get ice cream or cookies when they get home, but we do not pack dessert in their backpacks because we know they would eat that first and abandon the rest. Good luck.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment