Thursday, October 17, 2013

What are some easy and cheap lunch ideas?

healthy scrambled egg sandwich recipes
 on Breakfast Recipes | Best Recipes
healthy scrambled egg sandwich recipes image



Beanstalk9


I have a very limited budget and a very limited lunch break (sometimes I've got 10 minutes to make lunch and eat it between class and work). I have my own apartment with a full kitchen. Any ideas or recipes for balanced, filling lunches in under 5 minutes prep time?

On your marks, get set, GO!



Answer
<start> I get an hour for lunch. I use 10 minutes to walk home and 10 minutes to walk back, that leaves 40 minutes to come up with something. My default is a sandwich ... typically ham & cheese (I save time by buying cheese slices (Apple Gate Farms makes great cheese) and knowing exactly where everything is (often creating a picture in my mind where everything is before I even get in the door). To ensure that it is filling, I use whole grain bread. I allow myself a handful of chips (or other type of snack to go with it and (if I'm cruising on the sandwhich making) will allow myself an extra moment to open a jar of my sister-in-laws homemade bread & butter pickles. Then I pour a soda into a glass and the whole lunch goes to my desk where I keep my laptop. I eat lunch and multi-task and am usually done inside the 40 minutes. For a treat, I allow myself a Klondike Bar or some cookies (better to eat treats during the day rather than late at night, or even after dinner). The other option is leftovers. Nothing is faster to prepare than unwrapping last night's leftovers and eating them. If you really want to ensure you're having a healthy lunch, you might be more mindful of what you're making for dinner. Lastly, sometimes I make scrambeled eggs and toast for lunch. Get the whole grain bread in the toaster after you put a frying pan over medium heat. Whisk the eggs, oil the pan and scramble the eggs. The eggs and the toast will likely be done at the same time. To make the eggs extra good for you, top them with salsa. I hope these ideas help. Enjoy! <end>

What are some good snack recipes a 14 year old could make?

Q. I dunno, just when I want something to eat.
Stuff for lunch and for breakfast and just snacks.
Preferably healthy? And I'm not a heaps good cook though but I'll try.
Give me lots of recipes please! :)


Answer
Well for breakfast: toast with butter and honey, oatmeal, bacon and eggs are real easy to cook (fry the bacon and whip the eggs before you cook them if you like scrambled eggs). Lunch: grilled cheese sandwiches, pb crackers, biscuit english muffin or french bread pizzas ( bread, sauce, and toppings for regular pizza), also Ritz cracker mini pizzas are super easy (one ritz cracker, tsp of pizza sauce, 2-3 tsp mozzerella cheese, and 2-3 tsp meat or vege toppings) can make as many as you want, ramen noodles, mac and cheese (just follow easy box instructions), or a simple salad. Snacks: chili cheese dip (velvetta nad hormel chilli mixed and warmed in microwave or small pot on stove), rice krispie treats (google recipe or look on box of cereal), cereal can also be a snack, pop tarts, and maybe frozen appetizers like hotwings or cheese potatoe wedges, yogurt and fruit, cookies, chips, veges and dip. Possibilities are endless.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment