Tuesday, July 9, 2013

What is low in calories that tastes good on celery?

healthy sandwich recipes for teenagers
 on ... quick and healthy dinner with one of our hot dinner sandwich recipes
healthy sandwich recipes for teenagers image



Jenna


I'm on a low calorie diet and need to eat more celery. But it tastes like fermented pond water! Peanut butter is way too high in fat and calories and I don't know what else tastes good. Preferrably something under 35 calories.


Answer
If you have an ED and cannot stop munching, you still should not eat something that tastes like fermented pond water.
You can eat lettuce/greens, mushrooms, asparagus, cucumbers, radishes and numerous other foods (if you can stomach anything from the cabbage family).

I used to not like celery either, omitting it in all my recipes. And I like everything with few exceptions, like cinnamon and honey (childhood traumas), spicy food and poultry white meat or skin. White meat is too dry, the skin is too fatty so dark meat is perfect.

Then I stopped smoking and had to munch all day long for 2 weeks on celery/raw carrots feeling like Bunny Rabbit. My natural tan skin turned fake orange tan. With celery, I would end up with a dry ball of fiber in my mouth (like a chewing gum) that I would not swallow so I would spit it out as too much fiber will constipate you. You can spit out a dry fiber ball in your mouth but once it gets in your intestines, you might get an obstruction and constipation.

It never occurred to me that you would need some dip to eat celery.
That is very American, like eating apples or bananas with peanut butter.
Btw, natural peanut butter is very healthy, in moderation, like 2Tbsp, as you need those calories of good protein and good fats to feed your brain and organs (you sound like your brain needs it).
A PB&J sandwich is healthyâ¦peanut butter and jelly spread between 2 slices of whole-wheat bread. You get your carbs, your protein, your fats, your fiber and your vitamins/minerals.
What more can you ask for?

Pea-nuts are not nutsâ¦theyâre legumes from the same family as peas. Try Nutella (from Europe, so it does not have crappy additives that Americans still allow in their processed food) and it has true nuts (hazelnuts) and chocolate, to make it yummy, provide antioxidants and act as a natural antidepressant (makes you feel better if you feel bad and makes you feel good if you donât feel bad).


Now I like celery if I âpeelâ it (peel away those outside strings) and cook it with soups (the âfermented pond waterâ taste goes away if cooked in water). I also like raw (peeled) celery, cut tiny, tiny, in my tuna sandwich to add crunchiness. I would guess the strong taste of tuna overwhelms the taste of the 2Tbsp of celery.

When I was a teenager I did not like garlic, onions, Brussels sprouts or raw seafood.
I bet I would have hated broccoli too, if I would have been exposed to it (I was not).
Now I love all of those and I use garlic a lot, I make onion soup, I love Brussels Sprout Parmentier (with garlic and roasted potatoes), and I like sushi.

If youâre a teenager, you do not have adult taste buds yet. Because if youâre a teenager, you donât get food cravings for low calorie food as you need a lot of calories to grow. You get cravings for meat and potatoes and anything high carbs like cookies/cakes/candiesâ¦and bread with chocolate (or Nutella) and lots of milk, cheese and ice-cream.
You should not get craving from veggies from the cabbage family (cabbage, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, radish, turnips, collard greens, kaleâ¦) or celery, asparagus, beets and artichoke.

I went out of my way to make artichokes fun to eat for my kidsâ¦fresh artichokes with the prickly ends of the leaves cut off (not artichoke hearts coming from a can that you use for salads), pressure cooked and served with their favorite dip (I used vinaigrette but did not mind if they wanted to useâ¦ketchup). You eat one leaf at a time until you get to the heart and still I miserably failed to make them appreciate artichokes, because they did not have the taste buds for it...yet...as it did not have enough calories for their need (I still love artichokes).

I stay away from hummus for political reason, as some countries fight about some other countries stealing their recipesâ¦trying to find any reason to go to war. They are worse than a daughter-in-law stealing a recipe from her mother-in-law. The Lebanese are like âthe Israelis stole our hummus recipeâ but then the Israelis recipe tastes better so now the Lebanese are pissed off.
If I want chickpeas, Iâll just make a couscous and if a Berber comes into my kitchen claiming that I stole a couscous recipe, I could mention that my father was Berber so YOU shut up.

I wonder which country made the first bread and could claim âprotected statusâ.



You donât need some dip to help you swallow some food that tastes crappy to you.
Ditch the celery.
Eat enough to cover your BMR + growth (-21).
Eat enough calories to cover your BMR or your body will adapt to a low caloric intake and lower your metabolism, making it very hard for you to use your body fat. And then, as soon as you would eventually start eating normally again, you would make body fat very easily, because you would have a lower metabolism and therefore regain all the weight you lost and keep going up, unless you exercise A LOT.

Good healthy meal ideas?




helli


I want to start losing weight (about 20 or 30) and want to eat good meals that will help me get thin. I want some recipe ideas if Any one could help that would be great! Also I love sweets mostly strawberrys can anyone give suggestions on how to curve my sweet tooth?


Answer
Strawberries are fruits and are good for you.

Breakfast:
oatmeal & toast;
cream of wheat & toast;
dry cereal with milk;
boiled egg or two;
scrambled eggs;
fried eggs;
Fried egg sandwich;
Any type of meat with your eggs (even steak);
etc.
sandwiches are fine too.

Teenagers need 4 each 8oz glasses of milk per day. Adults need one.

Always eat breakfast, it is the most important meal of the day.

Be sure to take a multivitamin-mineral tablet per day. Ask a Pharmacist which one is best for you.

Lunch: Meat, or chicken, or turkey sandwich with lettuce and tomato on it. Onion too if you like them...onions are a vegetable.
Tuna sandwiches or salmon sandwiches are healthy and good too.
Soups and stews make good healthy lunches.
Cold salads.
Buy wide mouth thermos for hot and cold foods.

Dinner: one meat/fish/chicken/or turkey; one vegetable; one starch such as rice/beans/or potatoes.

Snack on fruits.

Drink: water; or tea; or milk.

Sodas will kill you in the end. Rots teeth; weakens bones; makes skin on your face and body ugly as you age. Drink milk for beautiful skin.

If you are cooking for one person, buy the top brand frozen dinners. We have been eating them for years. I add tossed salad or sliced tomatoes for a side dish. Canned or frozen veggies too.

To be healthy, eat correct balanced meals.

If you want to cook, I get my recipes at:
http://www.cooks.com/rec/ch/main_dishes.â¦

Scroll down the screen for hundreds of dinner recipes.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment