Saturday, July 13, 2013

How do I keep myself motivated to lose weight?

healthy sandwich recipes with pictures
 on Love Your Lunch: 10 Healthy Sandwich Recipes
healthy sandwich recipes with pictures image



Lady A


I would exercise for a while then stop either out of laziness and/or getting tired doing the same workout over and over again. I did lose weight but gained it back. I'm having a hard time to force myself to eat healthier because I don't know what healthy foods to come up with to cook on a daily basis.


Answer
Hi lovely woman,

Just to let you know, you're not the only person that goes through this, most of us have been there at one point. Like you mentioned, you want to stay motivated and find reasons to stick to it. So, to lose weight- NUTRITION is key, (and I mean almost 70% of the process is based on it). I don't know what your schedule is like but if you have a busy one, work like the rest of us, then I would recommend the following:

1. Eat OATMEAL for breakfast in the morning. Walmart, Costco, and almost every grocery store sell boxed mini packs of oatmeal, many with flavor variety (maple is my favorite). So take one pack a day either in the office (wherever your work) or make at home by simply pouring hot water; adding flavored granola will make a big difference in regards to flavor and body. (I have these packs at my office and it is my breakfast mostly every morning.) Many times we tend to miss breakfast and fail to understand that it is the most important meal of the day (it gets our bodies going). Once oatmeal goes in our stomach it absorbs fats, and keeping us FULL longer, which is a plus for losing weight.

2. Drink plenty of water - after your breakfast make it a habit to drink water shortly after; apply drinking water with every meal. (With every meal after breakfast, try drinking an 8oz glass of water before you eat, it'll get you gong.) Little by little losing the dependency of sugar/flavor drinks and sodas, which is one of the reasons our bodies are overweight, will become easy. Sugar is a source of energy, but too much of it may transform into fat if we don't burn it by exercising. Make it special when you drink soda, meaning that when you do try to think of it as if you're treating yourself to a delicacy. I usually drink soda twice a week, on Fridays or the weekend. In the long run you won't even want to. Water is good for our bodies, it helps our bodies stay clean, and it provides energy to burn fat; and it helps you feel and stay full longer if you drink enough throughout the day.

3. Eat three snacks a day - one between your breakfast and lunch - one between your lunch and dinner - and the last one, between your dinner and sleep time. We tend to get hungry an our or two after we're done with a meal, so snacking is very important. Bananas, pears, granola bars, or even a slimfast (the drink or bar) are good snack options.

4. For other meals such as Lunch and Dinner, try to be creative. Sandwiches, Soups, some frozen food is good (lean cousine). If you try frozen food, though stick to spaghetti's, chicken w/ rice, pad thai, etc...but don't forget to keep the sodium intake within 1,100 to 2,000 mg. a day. I've heard that electronic recipe books supply you with endless food recipes. You may want to give them a try. Here's one that will give you the best value for your money (5 books altogether).
http://www.quickwebdeals.com/recipebooks/

5. WORKOUT makes the last 30%, I don't know how much you workout but if you cardio 3 times a week combined with 1 thru 4, it will more than likely give you results, I'm very sure it will.

Lastly, I recommend you taking a picture of yourself now, and one every month going forward, that alone will keep you motivated as you'll see with your own eyes how your body is changing with every passing month by comparing (how much weight you've shed) and you'll see that you've develop not just a habit but a healthy way of life, and you'll enjoy it because it'll make you feel good about what you've achieved. And remember, repeating something 21 times is proven to become a habit (try it with anything). So, if you can surpass the first 21 days- the rest will become a routine and you'll be on cruise control after that.

To recap:

1. Oatmeal is key
2. Plenty of water
3. 3 meals
4. 3 snacks
5. ...and exercise

Recommended schedule:

1. Breakfast between 7am and 9am (snack between this and lunch)
2. Lunch between 11am and 1pm (snack between this and dinner)
3. Dinner between 5pm and 7pm (snack between this and bedtime)

I wish you good luck on your goals, keeps us posted if you can.

Alejandro

What are some easy and cheap lunch ideas?




Beanstalk9


I have a very limited budget and a very limited lunch break (sometimes I've got 10 minutes to make lunch and eat it between class and work). I have my own apartment with a full kitchen. Any ideas or recipes for balanced, filling lunches in under 5 minutes prep time?

On your marks, get set, GO!



Answer
<start> I get an hour for lunch. I use 10 minutes to walk home and 10 minutes to walk back, that leaves 40 minutes to come up with something. My default is a sandwich ... typically ham & cheese (I save time by buying cheese slices (Apple Gate Farms makes great cheese) and knowing exactly where everything is (often creating a picture in my mind where everything is before I even get in the door). To ensure that it is filling, I use whole grain bread. I allow myself a handful of chips (or other type of snack to go with it and (if I'm cruising on the sandwhich making) will allow myself an extra moment to open a jar of my sister-in-laws homemade bread & butter pickles. Then I pour a soda into a glass and the whole lunch goes to my desk where I keep my laptop. I eat lunch and multi-task and am usually done inside the 40 minutes. For a treat, I allow myself a Klondike Bar or some cookies (better to eat treats during the day rather than late at night, or even after dinner). The other option is leftovers. Nothing is faster to prepare than unwrapping last night's leftovers and eating them. If you really want to ensure you're having a healthy lunch, you might be more mindful of what you're making for dinner. Lastly, sometimes I make scrambeled eggs and toast for lunch. Get the whole grain bread in the toaster after you put a frying pan over medium heat. Whisk the eggs, oil the pan and scramble the eggs. The eggs and the toast will likely be done at the same time. To make the eggs extra good for you, top them with salsa. I hope these ideas help. Enjoy! <end>




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment