Sunday, July 7, 2013

Help? what is a healthy way to make a philly cheese steak sandwich?

healthy sandwich recipes under 300 calories
 on Sandwich Recipe: Chicken Banh Mi
healthy sandwich recipes under 300 calories image



its me jol


OK so I like really REALLY love Philly cheese steak sandwiches, but I'm on a strict diet and they are very high in fat and calories. Could I get some recipes on how to make it very healthy? Like what if I use Turkey ground instead of steak and low-fat cheese? Help!


Answer
Sorry Chris is right. If you change it up a lot and use chicken or turkey you can't call it a Philly Cheese Steak but the flavor will be sort of similar.

For a healthy alternative try using portobello mushrooms. They have really meaty flavor. Slice up the mushrooms, toss with a bit of olive oil, minced garlic, thinly sliced onion and parsley then saute or broil until soft.

Pile it on to a whole grain bun and top with some low fat or no fat cheese. (Kraft makes no fat Sharp Cheddar singles.) Put the sandwich under the broiler for a minute or two or in the oven for a bit longer to melt the cheese. This sandwich should be under 300 calories.

How can I lose weight faster?




T


I weigh over 240 and I wanted to know, how could I loose at least 90 before the end of next year. Any tips on how I can get very fit before my prom. Special diets. At home exercises, etc.


Answer
I did this and lost 40 lbs in just under 3 months:
Breakfast: Choose one

Fiber One Cereal: There are like 8 different choices on flavors, caramel, fruit, honey, raisen bran, original, ect. All very healthy for you and a great way to start off the day with minimal sugar and a boost of fiber. (1 full cup of cereal + milk is more than I can eat and it's less than 200 calories)

Thomas Whole Grain English Muffins: If you're in the mood for some warm bread, pop one into the toaster and spread some organic peanut butter, No sugar added jam, or I can't believe it's not butter for a warm and delicious breakfast pastry (Note: buy peanut butters in which the oil is at the top and you have to mix it in; avoid brands like Skippy or Jif.) (Each english muffin is 100 calories but be careful of toppings, they add up quickly)

Egg Beater/Egg Whites: You can buy cartons of egg beaters or egg whites in the store. they are delicious, you will not be able to tell the difference between them and regular eggs. Except for the fact that EB/EW cook faster and more easily than regular eggs with no beating the eggs or shells to clean up. Make an ommlete or scrambled eggs and throw in some chopped peppers, spinach, turkey bacon, or skim cheese.

For luches and dinners I recommend Clean Eating. It's a delicious way to Eat without lots of sodium, or artificial chemicals. I have lost 40lbs eating clean. And in over a year of cooking there meals, not ONCE have I been disappointed with the flavor of their recipies!

http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/Recipes.asâ¦

My fave's
Fish and Chips (because I'm from the UK, I grew up loving Fish and Chips and these are so delicious and when I eat them I feel like I'm back at The Laughing Halibut in London) http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/Recipes/Reâ¦
($1.79 for all materials, They come in at just under 300 calories)

Goat Cheese & Kalamata Paninis: These are so amazing I want one right now. The PERFECT lunch. One very filling sandwich is 300 calories
http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/Recipes/Reâ¦

Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread: I love making this, it's actually fun to cook and tastes so amazing!
http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/Recipes/Reâ¦
Makes a large loaf with 12 slices at 180 calories a slice.

Blueberry Strudel: Very reminiscent of a small sidewalk bakery I grew up by. This is without a doubt my favorite dessert. serves the recipe makes more than enough for 4 at 200 calories each.
http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/Recipes/Reâ¦

But, if you were to follow my advice, eating one of my breakfast options at about 300 calories, a clean lunch at about 300 calories, a dinner at about 300-400 calories, and a dessert at about 150, you ate 3 HUGE meals and a decadent dessert at a grand total of 1050-1150 calories a day.

The average male burns about 2400 calories in one day without working out (females is anywhere from 1600-2200 depending on many, many things; you guys are just.... complex =P, also keep in mind this is an average. If you are 6' 8'' 300 lbs you would burn more than average, If you were 4'8'' 100lbs, you would burn less.) A Pound is equal to 3500 calories. therefore without working out, you will lose a pound every 3 days. stick to the diet for a month and you are at 10 lbs, do it this fall: 30lbs. I dropped 40 lbs in 3 months (although I did run once or twice a week but nothing too intense, but that was negated by the fact that I cheated on days I ran by going to my local bakery and ordering all sorts of sweets for breakfast!)

Good luck with your weight loss




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment