Thursday, June 20, 2013

Can someone provide me with some tasty but healthy recipes that are quick and easy to prepare?

healthy grilled cheese sandwich recipes
 on Healthy Grilled Cheese Sandwich | Tasty Kitchen: A Happy Recipe ...
healthy grilled cheese sandwich recipes image



Eva D


I canât eat dairy for a while, because of allergies. So Iâm going grocery shopping later in the afternoon and I need some ideas on what to buy for lunch. I live alone, so I don't want to get too much or buy something pricey (e.g. lobster). Iâm not big on a lot of leftovers either.

Usually I donât have a lot of time, so Iâll eat something quick like a grilled cheese sandwich with a salad, or some cottage cheese with tomatoes and crackers. I need some ideas.

Last but not least, I donât like any of the following: red meat, pork, dark meat (fowl), octopus, lamb, meat that's packed into a can (e.g. tuna, chicken, shrimp, & spam), protein shakes, meal replacement bars.
Mmm, thanks for all the great advice!



Answer
peanutbutter and jelly

cereal w/soy milk (i like fruitloops)

Is there a way I can make grilled cheese somewhat healthier?




Emily J


So, I'm trying to eat healthier, so what are some ways I can make my grilled cheese healthier? I have whole wheat bread which I plan on using. Would replacing the butter with a bit ofolive oil to crisp it up work? Thanks!


Answer
Well, you can try baking them. Baked grilled cheese sandwiches are really yummy. Here's a link to directions. http://craftstew.com/recipes/oven-baked-grilled-cheese-sandwich

Instead of butter, you can just a cholesterol-free baking spray (or PAM, that works too ^^), and use fat-free cheese. What's nice about baking your grilled cheese sandwiches is that it's easier to add things like sliced tomatoes, which really boost your vegetable intake.

You can also try making your sandwiches "open-faced." One piece of bread with your cheese (and any vegetables you want, like tomatoes or sprouts on top). Cuts some calories but still gives you the yummy flavor!

Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment