Monday, December 16, 2013

I need help deciding on a healthy diet for a teenage girl?

healthy sandwich recipes for diet
 on This recipe for a simple chicken sandwich packs plenty of flavor and ...
healthy sandwich recipes for diet image



Julia T


So what would be a healthy diet for a teen girl trying to lose 20 pounds? Like eat 4 or 5 times a day and very healthy food. What is easy and good like I can make before school, I can take to school, and I can eat after and for dinner. Please help give me a healthy diet plan!! Thank You (:


Answer
The best thing for you to do would be to seek the advice of your doctor or a registered dietitian who can work out a plan with you for your specific body's needs and your goals! That being said, I know that isn't cheap, so I'll try to give you some basic healthy meals and snacks that you could try...
The best thing to do is eat 5-6 smallers meals/snacks per day in a way that you're eating something every couple of hours. That keeps you from getting overly hungry and it keeps your metabolism going strong! So for example breakfast at 8, and snack at 10, lunch at 12:30, snack at 3, dinner at 6, and another snack at about 8:30.
Here are some healthy ideas for breakfasts,lunches,dinners,and snacks (I tried to include some that are easy to grab and go or to pack ahead of time for school!):
Breakfasts-
1.) 2 pieces whole grain toast, 1-2 Tbsp. natural peanut butter, a medium sized apple, and milk
2.) Oatmeal (prepared with milk/soy milk) topped with nuts and dried fruit and a scrambled egg
3.) Greek yogurt, 2/3 cup granola (go for one without added sugar!), and fresh berries
4.) A cup of whole grain cheerios, milk/soy milk, and a banana
5.) Peanut butter and banana quesadilla (take a whole grain tortilla, spread it with a thin layer of natural peanut butter, slice up half a banana and lay that on there, drizzle a small amount of honey on top, then fold in half and pop it in the microwae for 20 seconds! so yummy!) with a Yoplait yogurt or glass of milk/soy milk
Lunches-
1.) A turkey sandwich on whole grain bread with lettuce, tomato, mustard, and a slice of cheese or avacodo, a handful of grapes, and a cup of milk
2.) A pita stuffed with tuna, lettuce, and tomato, served with fresh cut up veggies dipped in hummus, plus a cup of milk/soy milk
3.) A peanut butter and jelly sandwich on whole grain bread, a single serving of pretzel sticks or sun chips, and carrot sticks
4.) A bowl of soup, whole grain crackers, and a fresh fruit cup with a cup of milk/soy milk
5.) English muffin "pizzas" (take an english muffin, split it in half, cover each side with some marinara sauce, then sprinkle on some part-skim cheese, lots of fresh veggies, and a sprinkle of oregeno and garlic powder. toast it for about 2 minutes before you are ready to eat it!), fresh apple and orange slices, and a cup of milk/soy milk
Dinners-
1.) A turkey or veggie burger on a whole grain bun with lettuce,tomato,onion, and a slice of cheese or avacodo, a side salad with light dressing, and a fruit cup
2.) Whole grain pasta in marinara sauce tossed with fresh veggies and spices, a side salad with light dressing, and a low-fat pudding cup (it's ok to have a portion of dessert a couple times a week!)
3.)A black bean burrito (made on a whole grain tortilla and stuffed with veggies, guacomole, and salsa!), a fresh fruit cup, and a cup of milk/soy milk
4.) A serving of salmon, a small baked potato, and a cup of steamed veggies
5.) Tofu or chicken stir-fry (all the veggies you want, a small handful of cashews, plus a serving of grilled chicken or tofu, lightly marinated in reduced-sodium soy sauce) over whole grain (brown) rice and a small sering of frozen yogurt for dessert
Snacks-
1.) Protein bars! (My favorites are Luna, Clif, Kind, and Pro bars...all available at Target and Whole Foods)
2.) Homemade fruit smoothies (google recipes!)
3.) An apple or banana with 1-2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter
4.) "Ants on a log" (celery sticks with PB and raisins)
5.) Dried fruit, nuts, seeds, or trail mix
6.) Nature Valley Oats and Honey all natural, crunchy granola bars
7.) Greek yogurt and a little granola
8.) Fresh fruit and cottage cheese
9.) String cheese and whole grain crackers
10.) Baked pita chips dipped in hummus, guacomole, or salsa
11.) Half a PB&J, PB&Honey, or PB&Banana sandwich on whole grain bread
12.) A cup of whole grain cereal with milk/soy milk
13.) 2 graham cracker squares with Nutella
14.) Fresh veggies dipped in hummus or low-fat french onion dip
15.) A mini-bagel or half an english muffin with low-fat cream cheese
16.) Frozen yogurt or low-fat fudgesicle
17.) 2 hard boiled eggs
18.) Microwave popcorn (get the 100 calorie individual pop bags for portion control, and skip the added butter. I like to sprinkle a mixture of cinnamon and 0 calorie all natural Truvia sweetner over mine to make it a little sweet!)
19.) A serving of pretzel sticks, baked Lays, or Sun Chips
20.) A 100 calorie snack pack (they have so many different kinds at the grocery store) or a chewy granola bar with a cup of milk/soy milk
Also, make sure you are drinking PLENTY of water throughout the day! This helps keep you full and hydrated, which can also in turn help your metabolism and energy level! Aim for 8 of the 1 cup glasses of water a day, or carry a cute, reusable bottle with you everywhere and just sip on it throughout the day!
Good luck! :)

Healthy Recipes that are also filling?




Adam W


I've been working all summer on improving my diet, limiting how much I eat, and working out more. Until the recent flood (in Toronto) I was running several times a week and I've lost a bit of weight. But my BMI is still in the High Zone so there is room for improvement.

I'm working full-time so there's not a lot of time left for food preparation. I also take a bagged lunch with a lunchmeat-sandwich every day, so if I could find a better option I'd use that. I also eat a Fibre cereal for breakfast and supper is wildcard depending on what my parent's cook.

I'm also using an app that tracks my Nutritional information based on foods I eat, and I'm quite concerned about my Sodium intake. Health Canada recommends 1,500 mg of salt a day and I'm usually in the 4,500 range. Another concern, I never get enough Protein in my diet.

I'm looking for healthy, tasty foods that I can incorporate or replace my staples with. Basically I need:
-Book Suggestions
-Recipes or link to recipes
-Low sodium, High protein
-I cannot eat Fish, Grapefruit, Pineapple, or Tropical fruits



Answer
cookinglight.com & theskinnyconfidential.com have some good recipes.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment