Monday, December 16, 2013

Detailed diet and exercise plan for 14 year old?

healthy sandwich recipes tumblr
 on Salmon Salad Sandwich Recipe | Healthy Meal Ideas from Bumble Bee
healthy sandwich recipes tumblr image



Megan


Okay so I am 14 years old and i'm overweight and want to lose weight and make a change in my life. Not only for me but for my health. I was skinny as a child but then i just started eating a bunch of fast food. I just find it so hard because my mom buys a lot of fast food and junk food and i'm not gonna blame it on her because i've been the one forcing to her buy me these foods but I'm really ready to make a change im 110 percent committed to this. I want to know some exercises I can do at home with no equipment what so ever. Also, some healthy foods and recipes I could make myself. And just some tips overall. Thank you very much for taking your time to read this. Please any tips would be appreciated.


Answer
I can't do much for helping with exercise but, I'll help you with food! :)
For starters, here's a pretty good blog about healthy recipes (and I think there's a few bits about exercise as well) : http://undressedskeleton.tumblr.com

First off, tell your mom you want to do this. You'e obviously not going to be able to do it without the support of the person who buys all your food.
Completely cut out junk food, sodas, and fast food. Maybe allow yourself to have a treat once every two weeks or so but, if you do this, don't make that a day to indulge, only enjoy one or two unhealthy snacks &then keep going with the healthy stuff.
Go with your mom to the grocery store and spend a lot of time in the fruit&veggies department. Look around at all the different fruits and vegetables. If the store has descriptions of the flavor of the foods, read those. If not, ask your mom or a store worker what they taste like. Either way, find some staples that will be easy to eat &you know you'll like as a start and then, maybe every time you go grocery shopping, try a new fruit or veggie.
Switch out chips for sliced peppers or carrots (you can still have the dip as long as it's not a ton). Instead of a candy bar or a bowl of cereal, have some vanilla yogurt with your favorite berries on top. Don't reach for ice cream, get a small bowl of AIR-Popped (not microwave) popcorn with a small amount of salt and real butter (popcorn is a whole grain, it's not really too unhealthy unless it's from a movie theater or a microwaveable bag). For lunch, try a sandwich with cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, a slice of cheese (not american, actual cheese. maybe swiss? provolone?), a couple slices of sandwich meat (lean meats), and a small bit of fat-free mayo. Have salad for dinner with home-made dressing (store bought dressings are often really fatty and full of too much sodium), and it's fun to make your own dressing! Lastly, replace everything you drink (except milk) with water, and make sure you drink at least 8 glasses a day.
You don't have to do this but, I cut out meat 5 years ago and I dropped a good 50 pounds. If you don't want to cut out meat, eat mostly lean meats, and watch your portion size. It should only cover a bit less than half your plate size. But, if you do, make sure you get protein elsewhere. It's kind of important.
Also, for recipes, I've been loving the "Vegetarian Student Cookbook", which has quick, easy, and healthy recipes. Even if you don't go vegetarian, it'll be helpful for finding healthy recipes, and you can just add some meat to it. I also often use the "Mayo Clinic Cookbook", which i'm pretty sure has special chapters for meats, seafood, etc. This one also has a few recipes for salad dressings in the salad section.

Work out a little bit every day, but don't overwork yourself, you'll just be more likely to make yourself hate working out and never want to do it. It'll also destroy your energy.

I hope this helps!
Good Luck! :)

What should I eat to lose weight?

Q. I am working on losing 15 pounds in 5 weeks. My diet is less than 1200 calories per day. This is what I usually eat:
Breakfast: Peanut butter and jelly whole grain whole wheat sandwich with cup of tea.
Snack: Apple
Lunch: Original oatmeal with cup of tea.
Snack: Carrots
Dinner: Chapatis (tortillas) with sabji (vegetables) or daal (soup).

Please tell me what else I should eat. I AM A VEGETARIAN.


Answer
Oatmeal is great :) apples and carrots are great. Try drinking more water because sometimes when you think you're hungry you're actually thirsty.
Also if you want to lose weight faster, I recommend doing cardio- particularly running. That is definitely going to help.

The healthy way to lose weight:
-It's not about not eating, it's about eating smaller portions, more regularly.
-It's about eating HEALTHY foods such as here (http://shapemytorso.tumblr.com/tagged/fav)
-It's about running, getting some exercise- that's the quickest way to burn calories. This is the absolute most guaranteed way to lose weight. Run 1hr/day (you can break it up into 15 minute sections) every day for a month and you'll like approximately FIVE POUNDS, with exercise alone. So combining that with eating healthily you'll lose heaps!
-It's about getting enough sleep (which will also result from eating better)... because that's SO important to losing weight, stress can cause weight gain!
-It's about drinking a lot of water (about 1-2 litres/day and you'll see an improvement!)
I never believed you need to drink that much water either, I thought.. I'll drink when I'm thirsty. But I decided to try drinking more anyway and I've noticed a major improvement in my health.

If you need help- here's a really great site that will give you tips, facts, workouts, recipes etc- a complete guide to losing weight healthily.

This blog also has some vegetarian recipes too! (like vegetarian pasta, it's really great I made it the other night :)- http://shapemytorso.tumblr.com/post/35044407831/shapemytorso-health-blog )
:
shapemytorso.tumblr.com

Good luck.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment