Saturday, December 7, 2013

Healthy food that can be eaten in large amounts.?

healthy reuben sandwich recipes
 on Reuben Sandwich Recipe from Divine Desserts
healthy reuben sandwich recipes image



Forrest


So I am an overweight man (320 lbs) and I recently got a blood test and it says if I dont change my lifestyle to be healthier I will get type 2 diabetes. so anyway, I need some help. I need some recipes that will help lower my triglycerides (they are at about 300) and my bad cholesterol (this is at about 38) that I can eat alot of and that dont taste horrible. now I dont expect them to be as good as steak or as good as chicken wings, or a nice pulled pork sammich, but I dont want them to taste terrible. here is an example of foods I like:

Pulled pork
chicken wings
ribs
steak
Salad (with about 1/4 cup ranch, some meat, avocados, cheese, croutons, and hard boiled eggs)
Tacos
Hamburgers
Tender beef tips with rice and gravy
spaggetti and meatballs/meatsauce
most chinese food. (although none of the wierd stuff, only the typical americanized chinese food :P)

Foods that I think are particularly gross:
Broccolli (unless in small amounts in stir fry.)
Sauerkraut (unless in reuben sandwich)
Porkchops
Chicken cordon bleu
Carrots (taste reminds me of the musty smell of mold)
All root veggies except potatoes
Asparagus
couscous
All sausage (except kielbasa)
Celery

And I'll probably think of more later.

Anyway, could you maybe give me some links to some recipes that will help me lower my triglycerides and bad cholesterol and that dont taste gross?



Answer
Actually a lot of the foods you like are quite healthy. Just avoid anything that man has altered and eat natural. Avoid refined sugar and flour and processed meats (those with nitrites, nitrates and sugar). Contrary to popular belief the saturated fat in your diet is not the bad guy. That is the natural saturated fat in meat, eggs and butter is not bad. But the trans fats, hydrogenated fats and refined fats will kill you as will the sugars and flour products.

After eating a mostly vegan diet for over two years I added meat, eggs and butter including raw milk into my diet and my HDL went from 50 to 70 and my triglycerides went from 68 to only 46. I was surprised but the numbers don't lie.

Limnit your carbs and only eat until you are full.

Suggested reading:
Deep Nutrition: Why Your Genes Need Traditional Food by Catherine and Luke Shanahan
Living Low Carb by Jonny Bowden

do you know a diet on colon cancer?




Mary Guern





Answer
When originally diagnosed with prostate cancer, MM was given only 2-3 months to live....that was over ten years ago and this diet was his only treatment:
Amazon.com
When Michael Milken was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer in 1993, he wasted no time switching from his daily egg-and-bacon-sandwich breakfasts to a low-fat, vegetarian diet. He also founded CaP CURE, the Association for the Cure of Cancer of the Prostate. Through research supported by CaP CURE, Milken learned that cutting down on fat was not enough--that soy protein could be an important missing ingredient in his diet. He duly incorporated all of the cancer-fighting ingredients into his diet, but he missed the joy of eating.
Enter Beth Ginsberg, Culinary Institute of America (CIA) graduate and natural foods chef. When Milken hired her in 1995, she turned his medicinal soy drinks into tasty, healthy fruit smoothies, his tofu-spread sandwiches into Vegetable Reubens--with tempeh bacon! It became clear that a healthy, cancer-fighting diet need not mean an end to culinary pleasure. In the beautifully photographed The Taste for Living Cookbook, Ginsberg collects more than 75 of Milken's favorite dishes, from Tofu Dog Casserole with a Pretzel Crust to Greek Spinach Pie in a Phyllo Nest to Devil's "Fool" Cake with Cocoa Frosting. Colorful icons next to each recipe let you know how long a dish will take to prepare--many are under an hour from kitchen to table. Nutritional details are given at the end of each recipe, and Ginsberg notes when a substitution can be made (say, low-fat turkey in place of tempeh in a sandwich). Proceeds from the sales of The Taste for Living Cookbook will go to further CaP CURE's research--resulting, one hopes, in even more delicious, healthful meals from chef Ginsberg. --Rebecca A. Staffel





http://www.amazon.com/Taste-Living-Cookbook-Favorite-Fighting/dp/0966080564




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment