Saturday, November 23, 2013

Where can I find healthy recipes?

healthy soup and sandwich recipes
 on healthy recipes sandwich recipes salad soup and sandwich recipes
healthy soup and sandwich recipes image



Amanda


Lately it seems that the only thing in my home that is healthy is soups, salads, and sandwiches. What is a website that I could find a good variety healthy recipes?


Answer
i get a lot of inspiration from shape.com community - there are a lot of recipes, struggle stories, diet questions answered, exercise advise etc.

What are a few gluten free soup recipes that are comfort food for you?




WinonaGal


Fall is here, only a few more days before our calendar tells us it is officially here. This time of year, I want those warm things like soups and stews. Yet, my somewhat recently diagnosed need to be gluten free has me really annoyed as most commercial soups are not gluten free. I've tried a few of the health food store kind of GF soups and I really do dislike them.
I'm a Campbell's gal who grew up on those soups that were easy to serve, quick and I liked them. I can't believe wheat is even in their clear broth based soups. I know these canned soups were not always the most healthy things in terms of sodium and various other things, but it is what I grew up on. The convenience of opening a can and having it alongside a sandwich or salad was just always there for me.
I am determined to be healthy and feel well, so I've started making soups myself and plan to keep a number of them in my freezer in individually frozen containers.
So, if you have a few nice recipes that you enjoy and give you that warm soup cozy feeling on a chilly day, what do you love? I'm especially wanted a cream of tomato soup that mimics Campbell's (but will be healthier of course) so I can make my grilled cheese (with GF bread, of course) and have my tomato soup to dunk in.
Thanks if you can help! Crock pot recipes are most welcome as well, due to the time factor.



Answer
Creamy Vegan Broccoli-Cauliflower Soup

This soup recipe best for autumn and the early winter can’t get any simpler. All the ingredients are practically thrown in the pot and simmered then pureed and it is ready to serve. The delicious and nutritious combination of broccoli and cauliflower come together in one delicious dish. To make this simple vegan recipe, you need broccoli, cauliflower, yellow onions, garlic, turnip, potato, celeriac, dry green lentils, vegetable stock or water, tamari, virgin olive oil, and dried thyme.

Ingredients
3 C broccoli florets and stems, diced
2 C cauliflower florets and stems, diced
1 yellow onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 white turnip peeled and diced
1 large potato, peeled and diced
1 C celeriac, peeled and diced
½ C dry green lentils
8 C water OR vegetable stock
1 tbsp tamari (optional – omit if using vegetable stock)
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp dried thyme
1
Combine all ingredients in a very large soup pot.

2
Bring to a rolling boil, then turn the heat down and allow to simmer for 30 minutes (until everything is falling apart in the pot).

3
In a blender, puree the soup in batches, transferring each pureed batch into a large mixing bowl as you go.

4
When everything is pureed to a thick, creamy smoothness, return soup to original pot, heat through, serve, and enjoy.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment