Saturday, November 30, 2013

What are some very fast and very healthy meals i can make or buy for cheap?

healthy deli sandwich recipes
 on Healthy Deli Sandwich 300x225 Recipe ReDux Deli Sandwich
healthy deli sandwich recipes image
Q. Due to me working full time and going to school at night i barely have time to make breakfast, lunch, or dinner and barely have an option of eating healthy so i was wondering what are some healthy, fast meals i could use for breakfast and lunch and supper and that are on the cheap side. Thanks for all the help.


Answer
I can eat as cheaply as someone bankrupt or as well as a working person.

I have tried the vegan route with beans, brown rice, fruit, vegetables, and started looking very doughy and gained weight.

I will describe the simple plan I follow, and also, I, too, worked full time and went for a masters degree plus taking extra graduate credits on weekends. The key is simplicity, health, and learning to eat less; otherwise, the vegan route of hydrating beans is the cheapest.

You will want to feel satiated, but not ill from greasy vending machine food. You will want to feed your brain. This means fish, eggs, olive oil, oranges, lemons, bananas, apples, broccoli, spinach and other greens. If you omit all the starchy, gummy food that stick in your gut and twist it into knots, you will be able to maneuver your schedule with aplomb. I will provide sample meals, and you can vary as you wish.

Breakfast: poached egg, greens, sliced orange, coffee
Lunch: Deli meat wrapped in lettuce leaves, berries, almond milk or plain water (drink lots of water)
Dinner: Poached fish (poach it in white wine, put a lid on it) served with tartar sauce and lemon, green salad with cut up tomato dressed with olive oil and Balsamic vinegar, medium sliced banana.
If you need more fiber, encapsulate ground flaxseeds or take psyllium fiber tablets.

For supplements, take Vitamin B group, Vitamin D, Magnesium, Calcium (the last three come together with Caltrate). You save money as you don't buy fast foods, don't buy soda, eat no sugar, no salt, don't buy coffee outside of the home, no booze.

If you want to go really cheap, make rice and beans, black bean soup, canned chili with beans, and additional fruit and vegetables. Add lemon to the water. It makes a cleansing beverage. I didn't eat like this when I did the double thing. I think I was a vegetarian then. Also, I would stop at the deli and buy lots of sides to go with the fresh sandwiches, because I don't like to be hungry.

However, the way I am eating now, with fish, and I eat actually more, as I buy expensive smoked fish and smoked lox as well, and organic greens is so filling, I can hardly manage to eat another bite.

If you start your day with oatmeal, you will crave carbohydrates throughout the rest of the day, and be miserable at night classes for cravings. It is better to get the brain food from the fish, not fried from the franchise at the corner, but poached with no butter added. It does take a while to get used to it. The recipe for a poached egg made in the microwave is in YA if you search for it. Unfortunately, food prices have risen, so it is hard to get fine food at a cheap price. There is a market, called Aldi's, that has bargain food, if you have it near you. It is still good to be a man with a plan.

I need some easy food recipes for children 5 and under?




Karah Hend


My children are real picky eaters. Most of the time I cook something half of it always ends up in the trash, then I resort to little snacks which is unhealthy for them, and then I worry that they are not eating enough. I need a quick and easy and preferably healthy meal that children 5 and under will eat up. Thank you :)


Answer
Could it be that your kids are refusing to eat becasuse they know that if they don't eat dinner, Mommy will give them the junk instead? My daughter is two weeks into her sixth year and my son is less than two months from turning three. They both try that. They both know that if they refuse to eat for the sake of refusing to eat, they don't get a bedtime snack (which is usually a small treat, i.e., a cookie, a small Girl Scout bar [which we bought up while they had them], etc. The pure junk.) If they do want something before bed, it's bread with something (whole wheat bread with SmartBalance spread, peanut butter, etc.) or fruit or leftover vegetable from dinner.

We live with my husband's parents, and his younger sister. My husband and is parents are not veg*n, my sister-in-law is vegetarian (but eats a lot of junk "food"), my daughter is a "flexitarian" (i.e., she could have tofu or a veggie deli "meat" sandwich for lunch, and have meat with dinner), and my son and I are vegan. Even though three different meals are often made (except on Fridays; My FIL is member of Catholic Church and does not eat any meat but fish on Fridays, regardless of the liturgical season), then it's all veg*n or leftovers. Even with all of that, we are nto short order cooks. We cook what we think everybody will like and if they don't, then they don't eat.

There are exceptions, though. Monday of this week my husband took his brother to the nearest cancer hospital for his treatments. He wasn't sure when he would be home and we didn't think about story hour at the library that evening. We had dinner after we got home and the kids were tired. My daughter smartly refused the Kraft macaroni and cheese my MIL made and wanted the tomatoes, lettuce and whole wheat bread from the BLTs that were also available. I didn't have a problem with that and was quite happy with her choices. My MIL made macaroni and cheese for my two-year-old and me-- whole wheat pasta with rice milk cheese and a bit of soy milk and Smart Balance spread. He at half of his bowl with struggle. It was late and he was tired and I think he decided that he didn't have to eat if his older sister (who was also fighting) didn't have to. Ugh. Most nights, it's easy, but my son still thinks that he can run around and eat at the same time-- a habit I have tried to discourage, but my husband and his mother are cool with. (My husband thinks it's okay for our son to sit and eat if my husband is feeding him. I help my son when it's difficult to get some of the food out, like the last few bites, but I don't sit and feed him like a baby learning.)

Anyway, quit giving in to your kids. They are smart and seem to know they can manipulate Mommy. On very rare occasions, I let my kids get away with it-- i.e., when I am tired, when they are tired, when we're both quite tired and I just want them to eat something so they sleep better at night with food in them, or when I'm just being nice and letting them get away with it just to think they got the upper hand that time.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment