Saturday, June 29, 2013

Quick and Easy Dinners that are healthy and toddler friendly?

healthy sandwich recipes for toddlers
 on Baguette with Deli Salads and Wholemeal Sandwich Photographic Print
healthy sandwich recipes for toddlers image



AH4430


Im a busy single mom and have a hard time coming up with quick dinner ideas that are healthy and somewhat quick that my picky 2 year old will like.

Anyone have any recipes that they wanna share?



Answer
Spaghetti and veggie sauce. My daughter won't hardly touch any vegetables,thank goodness she will eat her fruits. So,I'm 'sneaky'. I stick just about any vegetable in the pasta sauce.

Chicken or Turkey Pot Pie. Again,you can toss any vegetables in there.

Vegetable soup/stew. With the stew especially is Crock Pot friendly,you can leave it in there on low for 6-8 hours and come home to a nice dinner.

One of my daughter's favorite meals is a simple grilled cheese and tomato soup.
She also likes cottage cheese mixed with pineapple
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
Tuna fish sandwiches with cheese

I find the less 'complicated' the meal is, the more she's likely to at least try a few bites. Stick to meals with a nice balance,nothing too heavily seasoned.

Any website for healthy meals for a 1 year old?




Hazelnut


So far I cook healthy for all the family, adding a glug of extra virgin olive oil where suitable for baby's and daddy's portion (im trying to lose some weight)..but I'm running out of ideas and need some cute healthy toddler meal ideas..
what good websites do you know that have a large database of toddler recipes? THAAANKS!



Answer
When I cook for my family, I usually find recipes in magazines (I tear out the recipe and put in my recipe binder) or from Allrecipes.com. I usually have something in mind I'm looking for and search for it finding the one that has the most natural ingredients possible.

Go to Parents.com to find some family friendly recipes (these are healthy! for the most part) but they also have ideas that are fun and exciting. For instance, cutting up a waffle (placing it back together) and putting blueberries in the little squares to make a picture or letter.

Adding pumpkin to pancakes makes them orange plus nutritious

When I make my son a toasted cheese sandwich, I make a face in the top piece of bread. Thinks its funny!

Serve homemade soup, add a couple pieces of crackers in a smile.

Otherwise, I just place his food on one of his cute plastic plates.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment