Wednesday, May 14, 2014

What is you all-time favorite sandwich recipe?

Q. Do you have a unique sandwich idea? I prefer healthy sandwiches (no bologna), but I'm getting bored with my usuals. What are some of your ideas to add variety to my lunch sandwiches? Different ideas for breads? ingredients? types of mustard? combinations of ingredients?

I already enjoy turkey w/ swiss, cheese, cranberry & stuffing ... another favorite is a good slice of baquette, w/ artichoke hearts, brie cheese, and toasted almonds, broiled til warm and gooey.
Wow, some great recipes so far! Things that have caught my eye are the olive spread and grilled vegies; the tofu; the Sharon sandwich; Calif chicken; tom, basil, mozzerella; and chicken w/ basil, etc.

I do enjoy PB& banana, I'll have to try w/ strawberry slices :-)

Tuna w/ BBQ sauce? what kind of bbq sauce?

Keep the ideas/recipes coming, and thanks!


Answer
grilled chicken breast
pesto sauce mixed with mayo
roasted red peppers
red onion, thinly sliced
provolone cheese
on herbed foccacia or ciabatta bread, or even in a pita

Then, if you have a grill (better yet, a panini grill), grill the completed sandwich until the cheese starts to melt and the bread gets crusty.

I think I have to get out of the food section. LoL. Drool =P

How to make a healthy dinner?




Kenny H


PS - I am not on a diet.I just want to eat some healthy food.I don't even want to loose weight.I do want to eat healthy food for a healthy life though.
I weigh around 94 pounds a month ago and when I went to the doctor a few days ago I weighed 104 pounds,I am 13 by the way.So everyday in the morning I eat waffles with syrup and milk.For lunch at school I eat a Cup of salad which includes salad,ham,those little bread thing,and ranch.For dinner I eat Fast-Food a lot.My mom goes to work at night and my dad doesn't know how to cook and he WILL NOT cook.So we usually go to McDonalds,KFC,Those bad fast-food shop.I totally understand its unhealthy but I can't go on without eating dinner.Sometimes I do make myself a meal at night to eat.On average I eat fast-food twice per week.So I've decide to eat some healthy food for dinner,however,I don't know ANY healthy recipes and I think I can cook.I just need recipes,steps,and ingredients so I can make myself some food for dinner at night and of course I want it healthy.Yes,I have cooked many things in the past,I learned it from my mom but some aren't healthy.So what are some recipes you recommend?



Answer
When you think about eating healthy, try to picture what a typical healthy plate should look like:

1/2 vegetables, 1/4 starch, 1/4 protein

You can also start or end your dinner with a piece of fruit.

If you go to www.foodnetwork.com and look up Ellie Krieger, she has loads of healthy recipes on there.

To get you started, I'll suggest you pick favorite vegetables (like carrots, potatoes, asparagus) and clean them up and cut them to roughly the same size. Toss them lightly in a little olive oil and salt and pepper them. Place them all on a piece of aluminum foil and roast for about 20 minutes at 425 degrees. (make sure to set a timer and turn the oven off when you are finished!)

There! Super healthy veggies.

Serve them with a grilled panini:

Get good bread (like ciabatta at your local bakery/grocery store). Fill with some thinly sliced turkey, mozzarella or provolone, and roasted peppers and sun-dried tomatoes). Coat the outside lightly with some olive oil.

Put into a hot fry pan (set stove to medium high) or panini grill... after a few minutes, flip it over and use a plate to press it flatter.

Serve the veggies and sandwich with a side of grapes or apple slices too. Perfect balanced, healthy meal.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment