Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Healthy recipes for work?




Kimberly L


I work in retail and often miss dinner because I'm working. I can't seem to think of meals that I can bring. We do have a microwave, but we don't have a refrigerator. I am also limited because I do not get a break, I have to eat between customers. Any ideas of what I can bring that is healthy and easy to eat, but doesn't require refrigeration?
It's only the law to have a scheduled lunch if you are over 8 hours. I am not over eight hours. I work 3-9:30.



Answer
Consider sandwiches and rolls.
If there is a place where you can keep food cool you could take a meal of leftovers from home or when you do cook a full meal make an extra portion and freeze.
During the day it may pay to keep them in a chilly bin. Thermos have a great range of insulated bags and boxes that will keep hot foods hot and cold foods cold.
There are numerous types of dried packet meals that just require boiling water.
From time to time you could make canned meals, just by opening a can of something like baked beans or a few cans that you can open to make your own meal. Canned sausages, canned peas and canned potatoes. (that would be too much for me using standard sized cans but you can get smaller cans of some foods)

edit.
Looking at your additional detail, have your cooked meal before work and just a lighter meal at dinner time, and as you only have to keep your meal for 3 hours, most foods will easily last that long.
Just remember that if you do have to serve a client to cover your foods

Easy HEALTHY recipe ideas! (breakfast and lunch/dinner)?




A


I am running out of recipe ideas to feed my daughter.

She will practically eat anything, not allergic to anything so it's pretty much open.The only catch is it has to be healthy.I feed her mostly organic with exceptions here and there.

I usually cook enchiladas, tacos, stew, lasagna, pizza, sandwiches, eggs, pancakes, french toast, spaghetti, thanksgiving dinner, cheeseburgers, hamburger helper, hot dogs, ravioli, soups and salads.

On school days, she eats cold cereal and oatmeal for breakfast and on weekends I usually make homemade breakfast.

I am just running out of ideas and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions? (preferably nothing with sweet and sour or teryioki because the smell of both of those make me nauseous and I cannot cook with it)



Answer
~ Try this Chicken Rice recipe* it taste awesome
2 Large chicken breasts
1 bag of short grain rice
boil the rice for about 20 min or until ready .
then bake the chicken for about an hour or until golden brown.
when each one i finished get the chicken and slice it into small peices and mix
it with the rice and butter , pepper , and salt . thenn add a little hotsauce and if you want . add broccoli . that awesome and healthy im sure your daughter will love it !




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment