Wednesday, July 3, 2013

What are some simple, yummy, healthy recipes?

healthy sandwich bread recipes
 on Healthy Recipe: Tuna Pita Sandwich
healthy sandwich bread recipes image



dizzy r


I am looking for some easy, healthy, yummy recipes. Short preparation and cook time preferred. Please keep in mind that I'm a college student that works part time and I cannot spend tons of money either. Also, I do not eat chicken or pork. I prefer to eat seafood most of the time as it is lean and healthy. I eat beef very rarely because I prefer it over iron tablets. Thanks! :)


Answer
Stir fry - Put a bunch of vegetables in the wok with a touch of oil, serve over short grain brown rice.

Soup - Boil vegetables, throw in some noodles, drop in a raw egg or some cooked beans, how about a few shrimp.

Tortillas, beans & cheese. Slice in some tomatoe and avocado.

Sandwiches - Get nice crusty bread, good cheeses, fresh tomatoes, grilled vegetables, tuna fish. Also smoked fish on bagels.

Pilaf - Rice with herbs & seasonings, mix in toasted nuts & seeds, stir in some minced broccoli, carrot or cauliflower, cook using broth for more flavor, add fresh melon on top

Get some good Indian, Chinese and South Asian cookbooks!

What are some healthy, tasty meals for the school year?




monkisrock


Can anyone give me tasty but healthy recipes for the school year?
I don't like to eat breakfast, so if you can give me some very quick, easy to make, healthy and not too filling breakfasts, that'd be great.

And lunch I need to be able to make in about 15 minutes, be eaten in about 35ish minutes, healthy, and can fit into a lunch box.

Thanks!

-monkisrockmisox



Answer
Breakfast: Yogurt is always good. You got some calcium, some protein, and some vitamins, assuming you get some fruit flavored yogurt. If you want a little extra crunch, you can sprinkle some of your favorite cereal on top. Fresh fruit is also a wonderful way to start your day.

Lunch: Sandwiches are your bread and butter, literally! Mix it up. Turkey and tuna are both great for you, and if you put some healthy green lettuce (none of that iceberg stuff) and a tomato you will round things out. Go easy on the mayo, if you even want any. On other days you can mix it up with peanut butter and your favorite jelly. For some healthy, quick side snacks, I'd recommend a combination of string cheese, carrot sticks, and grapes. These don't take any prep time, and all have their own benefits. To drink, well, I think that's up to you. Bottled water is the simplest.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment