Sunday, June 30, 2013

What are some good easy vegetarian recipes?

healthy chicken sandwich recipes
 on Swanson Heart Healthy Chicken Sandwich Recipe
healthy chicken sandwich recipes image



Ah, who gi


My mum doesn't ever cook and only heats already-made meals, such as pizza or something unhealthy. Or she just makes chips or a chicken sandwich, so I decided to start cooking. Well, I really don't know how to cook, so I'm hoping you can give me some easy vegetarian/vegan recipes??!

Thanks.



Answer
I use a lot of canned tomatoes and legumes when I cook. A really simple recipe for a vegetarian soup is to cut up an onion, a few cloves of garlic and shred half of a celeriac. Then heat up some oil in a pot and fry them for a little while. Make sure they don't burn. Add lentils, canned tomatoes and vegetable stock. Some water might be needed. Add salt, pepper and maybe some dried herbs.

If you google for easy vegetarian recipes you'll find lots of stuff. Since I don't know what kind of food you like it's a little hard to come up with tips, but vegetarian chili, Indian dal, pancakes (you can make them with half graham flour and eat them with fruit for a healthier meal), pasta primavera and veggie burgers seems to be popular with most people (vegetarian or not).

What do you do when you can't decide what to make for dinner?




modbride


I'm the one responsible for cooking for my husband and I and we are trying to eat healthier meals. I'm in a rut!! I enjoy cooking but I get tired of always deciding.

For instance tonight, grilled chicken sandwiches (or something else with chicken), pork tenderloin? Salmon in the freezer? And then what about side dishes? I have carrots, broccoli, salad, cauliflower.

Please help!



Answer
I have a hard time deciding also, which makes cooking frustrating. So I have gone to various food recipe websites such as Rachel Ray's, Martha Stewart's, and allrecipes.com to find new recipes to try out. There are plenty out there, so I just look what main dish I want to eat (such as beef) then look online, and usually find something appetizing. Good luck!

Btw: with the ingredients you have, you could make a chicken pot pie, or a chicken-broccoli baked calzone.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment