Thursday, July 18, 2013

What are some healthy, tasty meals for the school year?

healthy sandwich recipes tuna
 on Healthy Tuna Salad Sandwich Recipe | AUNTIE MYRTLES
healthy sandwich recipes tuna image



monkisrock


Can anyone give me tasty but healthy recipes for the school year?
I don't like to eat breakfast, so if you can give me some very quick, easy to make, healthy and not too filling breakfasts, that'd be great.

And lunch I need to be able to make in about 15 minutes, be eaten in about 35ish minutes, healthy, and can fit into a lunch box.

Thanks!

-monkisrockmisox



Answer
Breakfast: Yogurt is always good. You got some calcium, some protein, and some vitamins, assuming you get some fruit flavored yogurt. If you want a little extra crunch, you can sprinkle some of your favorite cereal on top. Fresh fruit is also a wonderful way to start your day.

Lunch: Sandwiches are your bread and butter, literally! Mix it up. Turkey and tuna are both great for you, and if you put some healthy green lettuce (none of that iceberg stuff) and a tomato you will round things out. Go easy on the mayo, if you even want any. On other days you can mix it up with peanut butter and your favorite jelly. For some healthy, quick side snacks, I'd recommend a combination of string cheese, carrot sticks, and grapes. These don't take any prep time, and all have their own benefits. To drink, well, I think that's up to you. Bottled water is the simplest.

What are some healthy sandwich I can take for school?




Princess


yeah I need some SUPER EASY recipes sandwich I can take to school. I want something that I don't have to cook, just hand made sandwich. oh and NO peanut butter sandwich plz I HATE THEM.

Best answer will get 10 full points.



Answer
You might consider the 'wrap' instead of the traditional sandwich, or even using a pita pocket as your "bread". Here are some fillings to consider:

1. Lunch meat, preferable low fat chicken, turkey, ham or roast beef, your favorite cheese, lettuce, chopped tomato, cucumber and salad dressing.
2. Hummus, tomato, feta cheese, lettuce, kalamata olives
3. Tuna salad
4. Vege sandwich: cucumber, tomato, cheese, lettuce, sprouts
5. Peanut butter, banana and honey
6. Turkey and avocado




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment