Tuesday, June 4, 2013

What kind of a healthy sandwich wrap should I make?

Q. School starts tomorrow and were out of peanut butter and turkey(the only sandwich meat I like) so I cant make a sandwich so I want to make a wrap.
What kind of a wrap can I make (that dosent have any meat in it) Thank you !!
They way I wrote that sounds like I eat peanut butter and turkey sandwiches but I dont. I have pb &J sandwiches and other times i have turkey

A. I've had my eye on this one.

http://www.elise.com/recipes/archives/002158caprese_mini_sandwiches.php

Take some fruit along, and maybe yogurt.


Healthy sandwich?Any recipes, ideas out there?
Q. I'm going to the grocery later to buy wheat bread, I've been always making tuna melt sandwich and im kinda tired of it. Do you know any other EASY and and low in carb sandwich recipes? Thanks

A. SUGGESTIONS FOR SANDWICH FILLINGS:
Cheese & pickles.
Smoked turkey breast with Swiss cheese and mayonnaise on a whole wheat bread.
Sliced boiled eggs with sliced tomatoes. Good with chili sauce.
Roast beef with hot cheddar cheese.
Turkey, yogurt sauce, & salad.
Peanut butter, Miracle Whip, & sliced bananas.
Onion & tomato. Sprinkle with salt.
Garlic & tomato. Sprinkle with salt.
Onion, tomato, garlic, & green pepper. Sprinkle with salt.
Chicken, bacon, & mayo on toasted whole grain bread.
Egg salad, sprouts, & shredded carrots.
Turkey, mayo, whole cranberry sauce, chopped walnuts, &/or chopped purple
grapes on whole grain bread.
Pita bread stuffed with your favorite ingredients.
Egg, pickle, & mayo.
Beef & mustard on rye.
Camembert, sweet chili sauce, & romaine leaves. Spice it up with ground pepper.
Roasted veggies on whole wheat.
Hardboiled eggs & bacon with tomato chutney.
Salmon, cream cheese & capers.
Turkey, salad, & basil.
Tuna, mayo & sprouts.
Mozzarella, lettuce, red onion, & hot chili oil.
Blue cheese & figs.
Grilled Mozzarella & roasted red pepper.
Sliced cucumbers, alfalfa sprouts. mayo, tomatoes & lettuce in a Pita Pocket.
Smoked turkey, alfalfa sprouts, cranberry sauce, & mayo on whole grain bread.
Tuna fish sandwich, one of the flavored Miracle Whips, tomato, & lettuce on a
Kaiser roll, & a pickle on the side.
Shredded chicken, mayo, shredded cheddar cheese, spice it up with your favorite
seasonings & put it on a bun. Wrap in foil & heat in oven about 10 min.
Sliced chicken, mayo, pine nuts, grilled peppers, Parmesan & spinach.


What are some healthy, tasty meals for the school year?
Q. Can anyone give me tasty but healthy recipes for the school year?
I don't like to eat breakfast, so if you can give me some very quick, easy to make, healthy and not too filling breakfasts, that'd be great.

And lunch I need to be able to make in about 15 minutes, be eaten in about 35ish minutes, healthy, and can fit into a lunch box.

Thanks!

-monkisrockmisox

A. Breakfast: Yogurt is always good. You got some calcium, some protein, and some vitamins, assuming you get some fruit flavored yogurt. If you want a little extra crunch, you can sprinkle some of your favorite cereal on top. Fresh fruit is also a wonderful way to start your day.

Lunch: Sandwiches are your bread and butter, literally! Mix it up. Turkey and tuna are both great for you, and if you put some healthy green lettuce (none of that iceberg stuff) and a tomato you will round things out. Go easy on the mayo, if you even want any. On other days you can mix it up with peanut butter and your favorite jelly. For some healthy, quick side snacks, I'd recommend a combination of string cheese, carrot sticks, and grapes. These don't take any prep time, and all have their own benefits. To drink, well, I think that's up to you. Bottled water is the simplest.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment