Thursday, June 6, 2013

How long do you have to diet to start noticing weight loss results?

Q. I'm currently sixteen years old, five feet seven inches, and one hundred-sixty pounds. I downloaded this app called Lose It and it says (for my weight) that I should only eat 1,312 calories a day. So if I stay within that budget, how long will it take for me to start noticing results? My goal weight is one hundred pounds and the app says that if I lose two pounds per week I should reach my goal by November 24th. I've never dieted before so I no pretty much nothing about this. I also exercise every night with an app called Easy Abs. Thank you to anyone who answers!

A. Yikes! That is scary!!!! Do NOT lose that much weight in that short amount of time, it's extremely unhealthy. What I suggest you download is an app called FitnessPal. I use it. The healthy calorie intake for me is 1800 calories a day. But I drink skim milk, eat whole wheat bread, and eat lots of veggies. I treat myself to junk once a week, like a small cookie.
I also run on the treadmill for 30 minutes every other day. Some days I do a Julien Micheals workout.

I was overweight before, and I've the course of four months I now have abs! :)
The calories don't matter as much, but Fitness Pal gives you a way to view the sugar and fat intake as well. Don't get too obsessed with the calories, exercising or weight. The best thing to do is to read up on healthy foods. I could give an example of what I eat pretty much.
Breakfast:
2 large eggs with chopped peppers and tomatoes in it, 2 Morningstar sausage, 1 banana, 1 cup skim milk.
OR (different day) 2 cups of 80 calorie fiber one chocolate cereal with 1 cup skim milk
Lunch:
Apple, Clementine, 2 pieces of whole wheat bread, 1 oz. Cheese, 1 oz almonds, fat free yogurt, tuna in water, 2 tablespoons mayo
OR (different day) Turkey sandwich instead of tunafish
Dinner:
Recipe out of the south beach diet
Or a salad with lots of different veges


What are some extremely easy and healthy lunch recipes?
Q. I've been watching my diet and exercising and since Jan have lost over 25 lbs. I am soooo sick of Progresso Soup and Turkey Flatbread sandwiches. Please help! Thank you!

A. ice cream with a lot of chocolate


What is a good diet for a Highschool student?
Q. I feel that I'm not eating right and my energy is taking a toll. I don't need to loose weight, I just need to be healthy. So what would you recommend for a good breakfast lunch and dinner. Being a student I don't have time to cook up major things.

A. Breakfast : Fruit Smoothies, Instant Oatmeal, Yogurt, Granola Bars, Fruit
Lunch: Salad (easy to make), if one day of the week you have a lot of time make a lot of something and keep it for left overs, like soup. I recommend Kale Lentil Soup, Black Bean Soup, Quinoa Soup. You can google recipes of these. Sandwiches (try whole wheat bread, and low sodium whatever you want on it)
Dinner: Fish if you eat is it good Salmon especially. Pasta with vegetables easy and good, another good grain is Quinoa. Tofu if you are up to trying it, has various various recipes Veggie burgers (yum) . Some servings of vegetables. A yummy one is Kale Chips. Basically wash dry kale, put on pan with some olive oil and cook for a little bit and they get a bit crunchy I love them. Another is baked potato wedges those are one I recommend.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment